Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezuhf RX RSSI and Eagle Tree Vector

Forum Member
    When you set up the EZ UHF receiver, go into the servo output menu and then read your settings from the receiver. After that you should be able to hit the setup configuration for ppm multicopter button and it should do all the works for you including sitting the channel 1 servo output to ppm muxed. All the other channels should be left alone

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Naemion View Post
    When you set up the EZ UHF receiver, go into the servo output menu and then read your settings from the receiver. After that you should be able to hit the setup configuration for ppm multicopter button and it should do all the works for you including sitting the channel 1 servo output to ppm muxed. All the other channels should be left alone
    Yes, I have already done this as well. Currently, Channel 1 is PPM Muxed and for the servo outputs I have RSSI and Link set for channels 11 and 12. It's a real head scratcher for me. This is my first experience with EZUHF so I'm not confident that I have everything setup properly, but so far I have done everything that people have suggested and that I have found on the web. There's probably one little thing that is missing that is obvious to EZUHF experts.

Is it possible that there is something on the Vector side that needs to be reset?

I'm at work now, but will try to take pics and screenshots tonight so that you can see what I see.

Forum Member
    That sounds good. That'll help me diagnose a little easier

Forum Member
    Only thing I can think of it that the servo wire might be backwards. Just a few quick questions.
    -How are you getting power to your Rx?
    -what color wire is on the side with the channel listings on the Rx?
    -When you power on your quad does the red light on the ezuhf come on?

From what it sounds like there is an issue going from the ezuhf to the vector.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Naemion View Post
    Only thing I can think of it that the servo wire might be backwards. Just a few quick questions.
    -How are you getting power to your Rx?
    -what color wire is on the side with the channel listings on the Rx?
    -When you power on your quad does the red light on the ezuhf come on?

From what it sounds like there is an issue going from the ezuhf to the vector.
    I have the Vector PPM/Sbus servo wire plugged into channel 1 on the EZUHF Rx with the brown (ground) wire on the side that says "ground wire here" on the RX. Power for the Rx is coming from the Vector via the servo wire and the Rx is indeed lighting up.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

Forum Member
    When I ran mine I had to have a separate servo wire for 5v power to the Rx from the 5v plug on the vector. Do you have the red wires connected in the servo connections to the vector from the esc's?

Forum Member
    You either have to have those four red wires clipped, which I did, or the red wire on the ppm wire clipped. I'm not sure that would cause your issues but it is worth a shot.

Forum Member
    I have the Vector in a fixed wing so I'm only running one servo wire from one ESC. I am running the ground and power from the ESC to the Vector Throttle port. The Rx is getting power from the servo lead coming from the Vector harness.

Forum Member
    Oh I don't know if the ppm will apply to fixed wing. I wouldn't see why not but in the immersion software the button does say for multirotor use for the ppm setup

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kddean66 View Post
    I've put off posting as long as I can but I think it's time to call in the experts. I have the EZUHF JR module and Taranis Tx with the 8 Channel Lite Rx and can't get the Taranis to recognize anything coming from the Rx. Here's my EZUHF setup:

Taranis: 12 Channel PPM (also tried 8) set for external module with internal module off and Positive polarity and 28ms pulse.
    JR Module: 12 Channel PPM (drop down box only says 8 but it's set to 12 - seen this issue elsewhere on the web) with extreme hopping
    Rx: 12 Channel PPM with extreme hopping

Tx and Rx bound successfully. I can use the IRCTools to read current RSSI just fine.

Plugging the Vector PPM/Sbus cable into the Rx in channel 1 with ground wire on side that the Rx says "Servo GND this side". - Rx lights up. When I run the RC config Wizard, I set the Rx type to SPPM and the Vector tells me it cannot detect my mode switch. I have the mode switch set to channel 5 (SE switch) on the Taranis but it isn't detected. In fact, the Vector tells me that there are zero channels detected in the pulse

Anyone have ideas? What am I missing here?

Had the exact same problem.

I think it may be a bit of a Chinglish issue. I think what they meant by "Mode switch not found" is really meant "MODE toggling of switch not detected". I think it expects you to toggle the Mode switch back and forth. After doing so, press Next.

In other words, it expects a dynamic action from you.

Using the video menu method, it expects you to toggle the Mode switch to approve your choice of Airframe.
    Last edited by Spotter6; 31st July 2014 at 04:25 PM.