Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezuhf RX RSSI and Eagle Tree Vector

Navigator
    Finally able to get RSSI and LQ to work with the Vector and EzUHF 8ch Diversity RX. IMO, you must rerun the RX wizard in the Vector software even if you have already configured your radio. I tried this before with no luck, I believe that it was because I skipped the steps that said "if you already configured you RX you can click skip". Do not skip this step!
    So what worked for me? Presuming you are running SPPM(CH1 MUX).. Go into the EzUHF IRC and set your rx to 12 ch instead of 8. In the ch mapping section set ch11 to rssi and ch12 to Link hit upload. In the Vector re run the RX wizard, do not skip any steps even if you already configured your Tx. With the Tx on, go to the Vector RC Configuration tab and you should see 12 channels in the PPM stream(if not, go back and check that the settings stayed in your Ezuhf Rx). In the mapping, Set Ch11 to RSSI and 12 to Link, apply. http://youtu.be/ZgrZnY3TBss
    Last edited by Quadfinger; 23rd July 2014 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Said 6 ch instead of 8

Navigator

Ez UHF to vector RSSI

Quote Originally Posted by Quadfinger View Post
    Finally able to get RSSI and LQ to work with the Vector and EzUHF 8ch Diversity RX. IMO, you must rerun the RX wizard in the Vector software even if you have already configured your radio. I tried this before with no luck, I believe that it was because I skipped the steps that said "if you already configured you RX you can click skip". Do not skip this step!
    So what worked for me? Presuming you are running SPPM(CH1 MUX).. Go into the EzUHF IRC and set your rx to 12 ch instead of 8. In the ch mapping section set ch11 to rssi and ch12 to Link hit upload. In the Vector re run the RX wizard, do not skip any steps even if you already configured your Tx. With the Tx on, go to the Vector RC Configuration tab and you should see 12 channels in the PPM stream(if not, go back and check that the settings stayed in your Ezuhf Rx). In the mapping, Set Ch11 to RSSI and 12 to Link, apply. http://youtu.be/ZgrZnY3TBss

Ok- so do I need 1.50 (6) firmware on my EZ UHF ? I'm currently using 1.48 (6).

Thank you for your advice on this matter it's been a very frustrating time

Navigator
    Another thing I forgot to mention is when I run sppm mud (ch1) I lose my throttle input.. How are you guys doing this? Will someone please make a simple YouTube video PLEASE!

Navigator
    This is getting unbelievably frustrating & even eagle trees input has done zero in the way of any help, I know two others that couldn't use their information either. Will someone kindly make a short video step by step how to do this?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiltmilk View Post
    This is getting unbelievably frustrating & even eagle trees input has done zero in the way of any help, I know two others that couldn't use their information either. Will someone kindly make a short video step by step how to do this?
    I feel your pain!! I effed with it for hours over several days. I don't know why you lose throttle when you mux ch1. ET equipment/software has never been very "user friendly" but the Vector is at least a bit easier than their last gen stuff.
    You probably already tried doing a factory reset of both the Vector and the EzUHF and start from scratch. I wish I had an answer for you..Not sure a video would help much, and if you watched mine you can see that I am probably not the person to make one .
    ET needs to provide some specific steps/instructions.

Navigator
    Hey, wanted to post some troubleshooting steps for configuring and displaying RSSI/LQ via the PPM stream.

STEP 1
    The first thing is to make sure you've installed our latest software.,

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/software

STEP 2
    The next step is to confirm you have correctly configured your Rx to output these readouts correctly, per your Rx instruction manual. You can test that this is correctly configured by looking at the channels corresponding to LQ and RSSI on the "RC Configuration" tab in the Vector software, in the "Serial PPM/S-BUS Channel Mapping" Section (see attached image below, thanks Yosemite).

For example, if you have mapped your Rx to have channel 11 to be RSSI, and channel 12 to be LQ, you should see high values for "ch 11" and "ch 12" (presumably 80% or higher) when your Tx is on and near your Rx. But, when you turn off your Tx, you should see these values get a lot lower. Note that in the figure below, channel 11 does not appear to be correctly mapped in the Rx, as it is reading 0%.

If you are not seeing this behavior, most likely something is wrong with how you have configured your Rx. That will need to be resolved before going further.

STEP 3
    If the channel readouts are behaving correctly, then select the channels corresponding with RSSI and LQ in the dropdown menus, as shown in the attached image. This lets the Vector know which channels correspond to these readouts. So far, so good.

STEP 4
    Next, the Vector needs to learn the minimum and maximum values for these readouts, so it can correctly display the "normalized" (100% = best, 0% = worst) RSSI and LQ percentages onscreen. The Vector learns this info when you turn off and on your Rx during the Rx Wizard, as described in the manual.

Once you have run the Rx wizard, you may want to go back and double-check that the LQ and RSSI % readouts are still correct, per step 2 above.

STEP 5
    To add both the RSSI and LQ readouts to the OSD screen, click the "Advanced OSD Screen Setup" tab under "OSD Setup", expand the "Receiver and GPS Signal" branch in the tree view on the left side, and drag RSSI and LQ to the positions you want them on the OSD screen, as shown in the attached image.

Regards, John

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a6910180-58-Capture.JPG 
Views:	441 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	49588

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a6910181-207-c2.JPG 
Views:	273 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	49589

Navigator
    I will be honest in telling you my two buddies threw in the towel on what they call "Eagletree trash" their words not mine! One of them took it off his platform & gave it one good whack on the bench with his hammer and promptly swept it in the trash, the other guy sold his for 50$ on CL, and I am about ready to do the same if I can't get some help :- ) the frustration has mounted and there isn't any different information than from a month ago & it still doesn't work. I am running 1.50 (6) firmware in my immersion Rx/Tx & version 11.26 on the vector.. I have mapped my radio appropriately and every time I run the wizard it shows aileron as ch zero as soon as you let the stick go while in calibration. Even if I just continue on ch11 & ch 12 don't show any values at all. Just not working, what next guys? Please help. I'm getting to that point where if something doesn't work the way the manufacturer claims I just trash it and go elsewhere.

Navigator
    I lost my throttle because when I switched over to serial ppm I wasn't informed about mapping my radio accordingly.
    My issue now is while I'm in the wizard the aileron shows up as ch "zero", everything else seems ok except the RSSI value & link quality value show up as "zero%" no value at all. I have done everything to the (T) as instructed by screenshots, etc. What is going on here? I have got to be missing something

Navigator

No RSSI for Eagletree vector

Ok so I've come back to apologize for the unnecessary roughness against Eagletree and the comment in regards to my friends negative experience with this vector, before I throw the towel in and return to my old setup that has functioning RSSI I'd like to humbly ask anyone out there for any more help with this project.
    As everyone knows who fly long range FPV without RSSI can testify as to how nerve racking it can be, everyone likes to push the limits a little bit but it's literally insane to fly more than a mile with no idea of your signal strength.

Thank you for all your help and hopefully someone has some answers

Navigator
    I am going to make a walkthrough tomorrow. Complete with pictures and videos. Be patient