Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ezuhf RX RSSI and Eagle Tree Vector

Navigator

RSSI issues

I guess I'm going to have to deal with it till there's a sure fix out there, funny thing is I got it to work for like 10 seconds & it just disappeared "POOF"! "GONE", I was like whaaaaat? Can someone please give a solid answer to this problem?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiltmilk View Post
    I guess I'm going to have to deal with it till there's a sure fix out there, funny thing is I got it to work for like 10 seconds & it just disappeared "POOF"! "GONE", I was like whaaaaat? Can someone please give a solid answer to this problem?
    Apparently there are some problems with setting rssi and link quality with irc tools 1.39, if you haven't make sure you are at 1.50(6) firmware on the IRC gear, then upgrade IRC tools to 1.40 and apply the settings with that, close program make sure your changes are reflecting when you read settings from the receiver.

I am seeing a lot of success reports with doing it over the PPM MUX on higher channels after upgrading firmware on the vector too!

hey guys I'm using IRC tools 1.30 and running 1.48 on my rx, how I done mine was set channels to 12 on RX, then set channels 9 & 10 to output RSSi and Link respectivly, upgraded vector to the latest firmware (I couldnt get it to work on 1.22) under rx config tab in vector software set channels 9 and 10 to RSSi and Link and then redone rx wizard, now got RSSi and Link working no problem via ppm.
    Last edited by Rudeboy; 1st July 2014 at 04:33 AM.
    YouTube - rudeboysrc.com
    Facebook - rudeboysfpv.co.uk

The vector seems VERY finicky for detecting RSSI and Link from EZUHF. After finally trying for hours i got it to work twice and each time was by a different method!

updated all firmware on ezuhf and vector

i assigned rssi to 11 link to 12 in ezuhf, same in vector, apply

run tx wizard, vector is now seeing 12 pulse trains. see screen shot, not sure if channel 11 and 12 should also be shown here. finish wizard and now have rssi but no link.

another post suggest running the tx wizard from the osd menu. run wizard and now no rssi! back in vector config, it is not seeing channel 11 and 12, hmmm. hook the ezuhf rx back up to ezuhf tools and read channels and now ezuhf does not have channel 11 and 12 mapped to rssi and link! remap channels in ezuhf upload, reboot, reread and it is showing 11 and 12 mapped.

rerun vector tx wizard, nothing on the rssi and link

rerun tx wizard in osd and a miracle! both link and rssi show up on the osd!!!

really buggy on this rssi and link for ezuhf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	351 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	48625  

Navigator
    Ive tried with ezuhf 1.5(6) 8/10/12 channels setting link n rssi on various channels on each of the 8/10/12 I set the receiver too, do the vector RX cali again, and only get 100% on both, they never move, on the vector RX diag I can see 100 when on and 0 when off and only that... the only way I can see the RSSI actually working going from 100% down to 80 then 50 and seems to work fine is when using the cable on channel (ch8 in my case) and only using RSSI.
    Many people are saying it works fine for them using some of the ppm stream methods above and ive tried all of them but still nothing.. except cable.
    (using the beta vector firmware too)

Quote Originally Posted by sk8nride View Post
    Ive tried with ezuhf 1.5(6) 8/10/12 channels setting link n rssi on various channels on each of the 8/10/12 I set the receiver too, do the vector RX cali again, and only get 100% on both, they never move, on the vector RX diag I can see 100 when on and 0 when off and only that... the only way I can see the RSSI actually working going from 100% down to 80 then 50 and seems to work fine is when using the cable on channel (ch8 in my case) and only using RSSI.
    Many people are saying it works fine for them using some of the ppm stream methods above and ive tried all of them but still nothing.. except cable.
    (using the beta vector firmware too)
    try tx calibration through the osd menu

Navigator
    Hey, wanted to post some troubleshooting steps for configuring and displaying RSSI/LQ via the PPM stream.

STEP 1
    The first thing is to make sure you've installed our beta software 11.26 or later, found here.

STEP 2
    The next step is to confirm you have correctly configured your Rx to output these readouts correctly, per your Rx instruction manual. You can test that this is correctly configured by looking at the channels corresponding to LQ and RSSI on the "RC Configuration" tab in the Vector software, in the "Serial PPM/S-BUS Channel Mapping" Section (see attached image below, thanks Yosemite).

For example, if you have mapped your Rx to have channel 11 to be RSSI, and channel 12 to be LQ, you should see high values for "ch 11" and "ch 12" (presumably 80% or higher) when your Tx is on and near your Rx. But, when you turn off your Tx, you should see these values get a lot lower. Note that in the figure below, channel 11 does not appear to be correctly mapped in the Rx, as it is reading 0%.

If you are not seeing this behavior, most likely something is wrong with how you have configured your Rx. That will need to be resolved before going further.

STEP 3
    If the channel readouts are behaving correctly, then select the channels corresponding with RSSI and LQ in the dropdown menus, as shown in the attached image. This lets the Vector know which channels correspond to these readouts. So far, so good.

STEP 4
    Next, the Vector needs to learn the minimum and maximum values for these readouts, so it can correctly display the "normalized" (100% = best, 0% = worst) RSSI and LQ percentages onscreen. The Vector learns this info when you turn off and on your Rx during the Rx Wizard, as described in the manual.

Once you have run the Rx wizard, you may want to go back and double-check that the LQ and RSSI % readouts are still correct, per step 2 above.

STEP 5
    To add both the RSSI and LQ readouts to the OSD screen, click the "Advanced OSD Screen Setup" tab under "OSD Setup", expand the "Receiver and GPS Signal" branch in the tree view on the left side, and drag RSSI and LQ to the positions you want them on the OSD screen, as shown in the attached image.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c2.JPG 
Views:	270 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	48678   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	322 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	48679  
    Last edited by EAGLETREE; 6th July 2014 at 04:51 PM.

Thank you Eagletree for your help in this matter. I've had a couple hours to play around with this but unfortunately I am still not able to see good RSSI/LQ values within the Vector's software.

I'm running the newest software in the EZUHF RX (1.50 (6)) with the latest software on my computer. It is not very hard to config ones RX properly for PPM but here are my settings none the less. My Rx is set to 12 channel PPM. Channel 1 is PPM Muxed. All the other channels are passing through with Channel 11 to RSSI and 12 to LQ. That's it! *is there anything else that I should be aware of?

The Vector now sees LINK and RSSI on the correct channels (once the correct channels are set via the drop down menus (Vector)), but the values do not deviate from a 100% LINK and RSSI values. I've went through the RC setup wizard on the Vector and have been coming up with the same exact result now for at least a dozen times.

When I turn my radio off, I do get a proper failsafe mode in the Vector and LINK/RSSI goes down to roughly 0%. This is the only time that I will get a value on LINK/RSSI that isn't 100%.

Any further help or suggestions would be appreciated in this matter.
    Last edited by GrantH; 7th July 2014 at 10:54 AM.

Navigator
    ^^^ This is exactly what happens with mine.. all the same, only see changes of ppm output when I turn off the radio but no other time, I know my rssi should be changing on flight for the power/distance im at...

Im on 1.50(6) 8/10/12 channel tests, can see the channels in vector rx section fine. RX diag registers 100% then 0% on power TX off...
    Im on newest beta firmware...

Im the end I removed LQ and used a cable for RSSI.. seems to work although again it does drop up n down from 100 to 80 to 50 and up, so I see it moving but how accurate it is I don't know as at shows 100% when im a mile out and I know I should be in the -50's according the my other ezuhf quads using 7v on my 8fg super..

Ok. I totally take this back! I have good RSSI/LINK values working through the system at this point.

My error came when I moved the TX outside of house. Values were still 100%.

BUT, when I remove the RX antennas, values quickly drop down to 50% and varies with TX location! The EZUHF system was too good! lol

We are up and running and the Penguin will maiden this week!

Thank you.

Edit. Makes me kind of think though. The Vector is down in the basement and the EZUHF Tx is outside and I'm still at 100%.... Hmmmm........

Quote Originally Posted by GrantH View Post
    Thank you Eagletree for your help in this matter. I've had a couple hours to play around with this but unfortunately I am still not able to see good RSSI/LQ values within the Vector's software.

I'm running the newest software in the EZUHF RX (1.50 (6)) with the latest software on my computer. It is not very hard to config ones RX properly for PPM but here are my settings none the less. My Rx is set to 12 channel PPM. Channel 1 is PPM Muxed. All the other channels are passing through with Channel 11 to RSSI and 12 to LQ. That's it! *is there anything else that I should be aware of?

The Vector now sees LINK and RSSI on the correct channels (once the correct channels are set via the drop down menus (Vector)), but the values do not deviate from a 100% LINK and RSSI values. I've went through the RC setup wizard on the Vector and have been coming up with the same exact result now for at least a dozen times.

When I turn my radio off, I do get a proper failsafe mode in the Vector and LINK/RSSI goes down to roughly 0%. This is the only time that I will get a value on LINK/RSSI that isn't 100%.

Any further help or suggestions would be appreciated in this matter.