Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Skylark Trace OSD - Nightrams comprehensive page

Get the missus to find it, no don't they will delight in finding it to prove you "did a boy look"

WB2UQJ
    If only I had a GPS fix on it.....

The Trace has worked out well by the way- you helped me out getting it calibrated and I used your manual. - Thanks by the way.

It saved my plane when I broke line of sight and lost both signals briefly. From our airfield we swung the beam around and I saw leaves, and a GPS lock. Walked over to my car, punched coords in my Garmin, drove right to it, did final tracking by running motor, and finally servos until we were standing right under it. The landowner knew of our club and volunteered to cut the tree. My friend (and our club president) was so impressed he bought an OSD and had me put it in his Radian the next week. He lost his 1st Radian last year when he looked away for a second with it in close - 100meters or so, lost it in the sun and he never found it. Even if you don't fly FPV all the time, it's good to have.

Flew today, eyes only, and let a new fella take the controls. He got out to an uncomfortable distance, and I had to fly it back in. Sure would have been nice to have that TV screen to look down at.

If it doesn't show up soon, guess I'll have to bite the bullet and order one. Best to get it from Skylark direct, or through a dealer?
    Last edited by Scott594; 19th July 2014 at 12:56 AM.

Skylark won't generally give a tracking number, so it may "just arrive". I am kind if impatient and go for the cheapest option with fastest delivery.

Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott594 View Post
    If only I had a GPS fix on it.....
    Best to get it from Skylark direct, or through a dealer?
    Skylark or dealer of USA are all OK.
    We provide the same service
    Skylark FPV Service Center
    http://www.skylarkfpv.com

WB2UQJ
    Thanks for the help Nitram and Skylark. I found it. Put it in the storage box for my Proto X- safe but as unrelated as you can get, and I don't normally take that to the airfield, but a youngster is learning to fly and wanted to play with it, he didn't show that day and I haven't opened it since. Would'nt have found it until winter bordom made me open it up to play indoors, but I had a flash of memory one day while looking through my field box for something else.

Another question - I could have sworn I saw it somewhere, but can you tell me what the Status light colors/flash means. Thanks
    Last edited by Scott594; 28th October 2014 at 08:28 AM.

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    Has anyone got a skylark trace working RSSI with a Frsky L9R? Mine is giving me erratic results..
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Quote Originally Posted by squishy View Post
    Has anyone got a skylark trace working RSSI with a Frsky L9R? Mine is giving me erratic results..
    did you calibrate the rssi?

Navigator
    G'day guys
    Been using using boscams/skyzone 5.8Ghz, 832 Vtx and sony tlv700board camera, in a Phoenix Everlouton 2.6m glider! Using a Spektrum AR8000 control setup!! (Best Ive done is an outlanding 2.5kms away!!! And yes, it was going in and out of failsafe at that!!!!
    I come from a Rc Heli back ground and use to fly full size glider many years ago! (Diamond distance and Diamond Goal)
    Rc gliding has been great and FPV gliding has been a trip down memory lane, as its so much like full size gliding! Just alot cheaper!
    All of the above rc gliding equipment has been working very well. Clear picture and very good distance for me!
    Now, as I had and out landing the other week, due to loosing orientation in goggles of where I was! (Very early morning, sun low on horizon! It was going to be a very hot day!) I knew I needed a OSD! So SL seemed to fit for my needs.
    Ordered 27 feb 15,got it today, 18 March 15. Bit longer than 5 days postage! anyway I got it and proceded to hook it up to computer with all Win SW and SL firmwear ready to go! Played around abit with USB drivers with win 7 home edition, but got what seemed to be working! LED On trace OSD flashing at regular intervals! (No Vtx or camera hooked at this stage!) Played around with settings and SL softwarewas indicating that it was up loading the information! Thought I might as well upload latest FW (trace V2.9) organised everything ready to upload FW clicked upload button in SL software, and it indicated 30 to 40 bits of code been installed into Trace OSD.
    Since then I get no LED flashing or any indication of usb connection! Ive since hooked up both camera and Vtx to OSD and get nothing on screen in my goggles? (Still get and nice clear picture of what camea sees!)
    I've also discovered that I have a third slide switch on my Trace OSD that Im not sure what its for?
    Can anyone ( including Skylark personnel!!!!!) Give me some ideas for a complete reset, or a way of rebooting OSD, or a link to recovery software? Please

Thanks for any help

Rolf
    Last edited by Fang; 18th March 2015 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang View Post
    Can anyone ( including Skylark personnel!!!!!) Give me some ideas for a complete reset, or a way of rebooting OSD, or a link to recovery software?
    In the skylark forum, look at the firmware post (its stickyd) you will also need a skylark usb cable.

Navigator
    So under skylark forum, sticky thread called firmware?
    Now usb lead? The one I got with the trace osd is what your talking about?

Thanks Nightram.

Rolf
    Last edited by Fang; 18th March 2015 at 05:37 AM.