Page 1 of 98 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Trappy, what's this I hear about a TBS mini multirotor?

Navigator

Trappy, what's this I hear about a TBS mini multirotor?

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    The PNP25 and PNP50 will see their prices adjusted very soon. the PNP25 and PNP50 are still more contained, lightweight, "less wirey" solutions. I'll still fly my caipirinha or my TBS mini multirotor (did I just say that out loud? ) with a PNP25.
    Seriously just take my money! Im hoping for a 220-250 size and integrated power distibution board!

When and any pics yet?
    Last edited by NW_Quiet; 17th June 2014 at 03:18 PM.

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    I would be more shocked if TBS didn't jump on the mini quad bandwagon...
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Production will start in around 2 weeks. So it's too early to tell more. and by the way ... we're not necessarily jumping on any bandwagon. this has been a nightmare of a project for us (so many things that we did wrong, twice, or delayed). the first work on this project was done after we launched the DISCO PRO (which is almost a year back now ...). so this literally took twice as long as the DISCO PRO to get out the door. anyway, long story short, this is not a bandwagon for us or a way to cash in. if it were that, you'd see a square center part with arms sticking out either end in a symmetrical, unimaginative way. slap a "TBS 235" on it, because we're too lazy to come up with a name that we have to measure the distance between two motors and call it that. and then bundle it with a flight control that was already made, with ESCs that were already made, and throw it out there at big markups. that's jumping on bandwagons. this one will be a bit different. the black sheep of the flock, so to say.

sorry for the rant. I've just been following mini's for a while now and it seems there are 3 designs and companies coming out each day, each one looks no different than the first one that came out (whichever that was ... hard to trace). what a legit reason to punch people in the face ...
    Last edited by Trappy; 17th June 2014 at 03:56 PM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    Production will start in around 2 weeks. So it's too early to tell more.
    **Head explodes**

Navigator
    @ Trappy, if we speak here about future new copters... are there any plans that tbs will release a bigger copter (hexa or octa) to carry bigger cameras like the lumix gx7 or sony alpha 6000 with a gimbal? i really like the pro but for more professional videos and photos a bigger camera (bigger sensor than the gopro) is required... or is that something tbs is not looking for in the future?
    Last edited by nufan; 17th June 2014 at 04:01 PM.

no.

Navigator
    Trappy,
    Can you say whether this littler quad will be GoPro based? I have read some about the Mobius, wondering if you see red flags there or is it worthwhile to build a quad around one.
    Definitely intrigued over long range mini(er)!
    Ken

based on mobius or no HD camera at all.

Hmmmm, built in FC and ESCs could be ****in sweet. Especially if it's available stand-alone like the Core.