FPVLAB

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello from Raleigh / Durham NC

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackss View Post
    Jb where y'all normally fly? I'm just getting into this hobby myself. Used I fly RC about 20 years ago.
    The field between dorthea dix and the farmers market, sundays are the busiest days. Life is about to get real busy for me soon though, hopefully i'll find time to get out there again soon.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by jb_bak View Post
    The field between dorthea dix and the farmers market, sundays are the busiest days. Life is about to get real busy for me soon though, hopefully i'll find time to get out there again soon.
    You do FPV there? I heard they don't like seeing FPV fliers out there. I"m myself in process of figuring out why I have a short on my DJI450 Flamewheel. Scratching my head at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 99blackss View Post
    You do FPV there? I heard they don't like seeing FPV fliers out there. I"m myself in process of figuring out why I have a short on my DJI450 Flamewheel. Scratching my head at this point.
    Yeah I have heard there are people out there who don't like it, but I don't really care. FPV is growing out there though. I was just out there yesterday and there was another FPV guy there I had never seen. I hope it doesn't get too big out there to be honest. Don't want the video jammed up.

Navigator
    Anyone going to fly for tots this weekend?

Navigator
    I thought I'd chime in... I'm from Raleigh as well. I'm telling you FPV is growing like crazy...

I'm a Tricopter FPV Pilot, flying a Pro Tricopter Delrin Kit v1.2 from fpvmanuals.
    Last edited by LittleG; 18th September 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Navigator
    It's to bad people have to look down on fpv so much. I think they are all jealous!

Navigator
    been doing Fixed wing FPV for a while and love it, I have had one of the FPV Manuals Tricopter Delrin Kits sitting in the corner for a while and think it is time to give it a shot, need to order some ESC and planning on starting out with the KK 2.0 boards

Navigator
    Hey guys. This thread's been quiet for a while, but I just found it. I fly Dorthea Dix now and then and am also just getting started in FPV. I've met a few multi-rotor and fixed wing FPVers there. (maybe one of you guys) I chatted with a couple of guys flying a X8 FPV there a few weeks ago. I'm not sure it's the best place for large fix wing FPV since it can get very crowded, but some days it's completely empty. Does anyone know of a more isolated location in the area? Anybody know if we can fly on NCSU property off of Lake Wheeler Rd where they have all of the Ag research south of Tryon?

I stopped by fly for tots for a few hours. Seemed like mostly nitro. I saw one edf and a combat wing demo. Didn't see any FPV.

If someone needs ground crew support, drop me a PM. I figure it would be a good way to learn and compare notes.

Navigator
    Another from NC here. Mostly Micro FPVing my MQX but will get my EZ* up in the air soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ENOFLYER View Post
    The regular RC crowd in NC is not very warm to FPV

Most Clubs have rules forbidding it or over regulating it..."my experience" your mileage may vary

Very hard to believe it could happen at the Nall or Fly for Tots
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by jb_bak View Post
    I'm from Raleigh.
    What multicopter is that?

Navigator
    I fly at Horseshoe Farm Park in North Raleigh...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast