FPVLAB

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV Pilot Attacked on CT Beach

Quote Originally Posted by criccio View Post
    Is that ever really the best option in these eventually highly publicized situations?
    Want to hear an odd twist to this, the guy is wearing a campaign t-shirt for Linda McMahon for Senate 2012, McMahon and her husband launched the World Wrestling Entertainment Corporation.

Moral of the story, if you don't want to wrestle with mad women, don't wear that shirt.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Navigator
    It wasn't by any chance one of those naked beaches was it.......?
    Maybe she has a tat with a prick on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Channel 1 View Post
    Maybe because he was raised with the philosophy that men don't beat up on women and probably having never been attacked by one before he didn't know how to react, other than to go into a self-protect mode.

Wayne
    I don't want you to think that I would swing at her... there are plenty of self defense maneuvers that don't involve striking. It seems that neither of them hit each other after the lady assaulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmaplesong View Post
    When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by chatch View Post
    I don't want you to think that I would swing at her... there are plenty of self defense maneuvers that don't involve striking.
    Which are great if one has the training, which a majority of people do not.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Quote Originally Posted by chatch View Post
    there are plenty of self defense maneuvers that don't involve striking. It seems that neither of them hit each other after the lady assaulted.
    BTW, did you notice she knocked the guy corrective glasses off, so who knows what he was able to clearly see after that.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

The goggles do nothing! chicken sashimi's Avatar
    He totally did the right thing. Well played on his part!
    Obviously he came out unscathed. Clubbing her would have been a mistake for sure.

Navigator
    The video is now featured on liveleak.com:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=57e_1402206030

Quote Originally Posted by turdsurfer View Post
    The video is now featured on liveleak.com:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=57e_1402206030
    It's a shame they swiped his video, but at least the message it is getting out.

BTW has anyone noticed his video is taking about a thousand hits per hour now.

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 8th June 2014 at 08:38 AM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Instructor Pilot

So what if you're confronted by an angry bystander?

It's more of a shame they didn't swipe the video that had the GoPro footage in the corner.

While the majority are clearly against the woman, there are a couple of commenters that could clearly do with seeing that footage.

Its amazing how people seem to assume that because they can see a "drone" buzzing around, that "drone" has an instant zoom shot of their cleavage... Or indeed that anyone has the slightest bit of interest in looking at them in the first place. GoPro footage helps make this clear when you can hardly even make out people on the beach, let alone individuals.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 8th June 2014 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Its amazing how people seem to assume that because they can see a "drone" buzzing around, that "drone" has an instant zoom shot of their cleavage...
    What's really schizophrenic is, I can take a professional camcorder to the beach and people, mostly young and mostly female, will line up to get in front of the lens, the assumption being it wil get them a few seconds of TV fame for whatever that's worth.

It's the same reaction I have seen when covering events here in Lauderdale, the pattern is predictable, shoot a short interview and as soon as it is wrapped the interviewee will be on their cell calling everybody on thier contact list to announce "I'm going to be on the news tonight, I'm going to be on the news tonight, the whole world will see me on the news tonight."

But take a quad at a couple of hundred feet where the people look like ants on the ground and the complaints are also quite predictable, "your invading my personal space, your intruding upon my right to privacy, I am calling the cops on you, you perv."

And as for cleavage, what's really pathetic is, I can take my camcorder which has a decent Fujinon lens on it, kick in the 2X extender and pull a 100 yard tight shot and fill a 16:9 frame with em, which on a live shot makes for some real intersting, though not suitable for broadcast commentary in the IFB.

But no one notices or cares about the cam or the cameraman.

This one camera is ok while the other camera is evil, is a very strange way of thinking, but not suprising considering how the masses here in the U.S. are programmed by the one eyed god they worship and so desire to be a part of.

Wayne
    Last edited by Channel 1; 8th June 2014 at 08:19 AM.
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast