Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's start a new era in multirotor long range FPV! Preparing for 40/80km flight!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Nice flight!

Voltage Looks right to me, these batteries sag huge under load... Which makes them nowhere near as efficient as some people believe
    To get the same watts out you need to draw more amps = more mah used.
    Well, I noticed he landing in the 10.1v range - 2.5v per cell?

Yeah that's used about all they have in them, they must recover to 3v p/cell within 1min with no load or you have drained them too much.
    I've found about 3.65v per/cell pulling around 3A from a 3s10p pack to be about 50% discharged.

He has VERY GOOD eyesight.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    Yeah that's used about all they have in them, they must recover to 3v p/cell within 1min with no load or you have drained them too much.
    I've found about 3.65v per/cell pulling around 3A from a 3s10p pack to be about 50% discharged.
    Interesting. I assume this behavior is unique to this particular battery cell?

Pretty sure my disco would drop like a rock under about 3.3v with a conventional lipo. I was always under the assumption that anything under 3.0v per cell was pretty much trashing the pack.

Navigator
    Well done my friend

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
    Interesting. I assume this behavior is unique to this particular battery cell?

Pretty sure my disco would drop like a rock under about 3.3v with a conventional lipo. I was always under the assumption that anything under 3.0v per cell was pretty much trashing the pack.
    Yes, for the Panasonic NCR-18650b cells 4.2V means full charge, 2.5-2.6 - empty cell To fly with a battery made of these cells, you have to properly choose your motor and prop combination, which should be capable to provide enough thrust even when the voltage drops that low. This is the only way you can "suck" the battery till the very end

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Howzit View Post
    I assume your voltage meter is not correct?

BTW, amazing distance. Congrats.
    Thanks! It's correct. I explained above.

Using Ferdinad's (Austrian guy 1st to fly NCR18650B) advice to keep frame to battery mass ratio 50/50 I flew my mini quad for 47minutes - that is carbon free frame w/ 3s2p (285g), I'd like to see smaller setups powered by Li-Ion

Navigator
    Smaller setups are out of my sphere of interests But my current setup already corresponds to the rule of 50/50, not perfectly, though... The battery weights 1212grams and the quad is about 1450. I plan to move to a bigger battery, that has more weight and capacity.

P.S: Peter, please UPDATE the manuals of FMKit RF Beacon! That little thing saved my quad once again, but programming it is a pain in the ass!
    Last edited by cold_dog; 11th June 2014 at 10:33 AM.

Navigator
    Yea, I'd like to see some of these tests done with a Mini. It'd be great for 10+ minutes to become average flight times.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast