Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's start a new era in multirotor long range FPV! Preparing for 40/80km flight!

Navigator

Let's start a new era in multirotor long range FPV! Preparing for 40/80km flight!

...almost back to be honest.

Okay, guys, here is the vid:

There is a bit of jello and at times the footage looks a bit blurry near the edges of the screen, but I hope this won't stop you from enjoying a picturesque sceneries of the Russian countryside... Since that flight I already changed the props and completely got rid of the jello.

Now I'm dialing-in my quad, trying to max out its performance, and in a month or so will be ready to clear new bars
    Last edited by cold_dog; 1st July 2016 at 12:52 PM.

With all the new TBS Discovery mods coming out soon this should hopefully be more than possible. Going to have to get me a UHF tracker or something though if I'm going to fly that far out
    Flying: TBS Discovery Pro, Core Pro + GPS, NAZA v2 GPS, TBS 900kV V2, TBS Bulletproof ESC, T-Motor 10x3.3 CF, TBS Tuned 2G4 Lawmate TX, TBS GS /w Yagi, ImmersionRC ezUHF Diversity/Module, Fatshark Dominator, IBCrazy Bluebeam, Sony 960H Effio-V, TBS 4S 4500mah, Hero 3+ Black, FrSky Taranis

everyone's question......what battery? Doesn't sounds gas powered

also.....

which FC / motors/escs?

congrats on the distance, although the video is a bit of a yawn

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    With all the new TBS Discovery mods coming out soon this should hopefully be more than possible. Going to have to get me a UHF tracker or something though if I'm going to fly that far out
    I used to be a TBS Disco's fan too, but now for me it's clear that this frame has some serious limitations that won't allow it to go that far. There is obviously not enough space to put the batteries needed for a quad to fly over a 10-15km mark...

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie B View Post
    everyone's question......what battery? Doesn't sounds gas powered
    also.....
    which FC / motors/escs?
    congrats on the distance, although the video is a bit of a yawn
    It's a 4s6p pack, made of Panasonic NCR-18650b cells.
    FC is Naza-M V2, Tiger MN3110-26 470kv motors, TBS 30A Bulletproof ESCs. Nothing unusual

Regarding the video, well, yes it's a bit boring... should have speed it up on both ways, not only on the way back. BTW, if you like some drama, wait for my next video and you will be satisfied))) three days ago I lost my quad in the woods... and found it only next morning thanks to enormous luck or a good will of some spirits of the nature))
    Last edited by cold_dog; 10th June 2014 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cold_dog View Post
    I used to be a TBS Disco's fan too, but now for me it's clear that this frame has some serious limitations that won't allow it to go that far. There is obviously not enough space to put the batteries needed for a quad to fly over a 10-15km mark...
    I just finished my Tarot 650 this weekend, for the $599 asking of the Disco Pro frame I have a whole other platform to play on (well and another like $400, but still). I do still have all my long range stuff on the Disco, but we'll see what Trappy comes out with. The new batteries, motors, Core Pro and other bits should make for an interesting run. The Tarot though, for the price can't go wrong so far, gimbal picture is way nicer than Disco, but still love flying it.
    Flying: TBS Discovery Pro, Core Pro + GPS, NAZA v2 GPS, TBS 900kV V2, TBS Bulletproof ESC, T-Motor 10x3.3 CF, TBS Tuned 2G4 Lawmate TX, TBS GS /w Yagi, ImmersionRC ezUHF Diversity/Module, Fatshark Dominator, IBCrazy Bluebeam, Sony 960H Effio-V, TBS 4S 4500mah, Hero 3+ Black, FrSky Taranis

Navigator
    Yes, TBS Team is constantly offering some new and very interesting components, and if they go along with my own philosophies, I don't see any reason of not buing and not using them. But the Disco frame itself is not intended to be used for a long range quad. Regarding a gimbal, I don't use it when I aim for a long range. Long range is all about the weight, and adding a gimbal will decrease your flight times for some good 10-15 minutes. Now, after a long series of test flights, I managed to get a very stable and jello free footage straight out of the go pro, mounted firmly right to the frame.

In a lot of countries flying RPA is limited to LOS!

David

Navigator
    I assume your voltage meter is not correct?

BTW, amazing distance. Congrats.

Nice flight!

Voltage Looks right to me, these batteries sag huge under load... Which makes them nowhere near as efficient as some people believe
    To get the same watts out you need to draw more amps = more mah used.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast