Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV Ground Vehicle Videos - By Land and Sea!

Its a HSP 1/10 truck.,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HSP-1-10-...item5d35022bc8

I put on some bigger wheels and made some 10ah 2s LiPos for it. Runs for a good 1 1/4-1/2 hours.
    "The only way you'll ever learn a thing, is to admit that you know absolutely nothing"

ok cheers... I have a couple tanks that spit BB's that I have been bashing around my backyard having battles FPV but its way slow for any sort of open ground.

Ive been thinking about building a tracked car, maybe one day.
    "The only way you'll ever learn a thing, is to admit that you know absolutely nothing"

Pilot
    I'm making a 1/5 truck right now.....using a 1/8 cheapie crawler.....
    I have cheapie brushed (faster) motors coming in the mail....

This thing is huge compared to my SUMMIT....

and Check out these Tires being used for ICE Rescue!

http://www.xprtdesign.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=degy36-VSWA#!
    Last edited by RcLab1; 25th December 2012 at 02:23 PM.
    "On My best behavior, or I'll get Banned".....
    .....I love Sports' and Vacations,....
    Whos' more Athletic? NHL players or Football/Basketball Skills' Players?

"...I break regulations because I'm good and it's ok for me..."

DJMedic is a cool dude. Would be neat to see that truck set to FPV. Lots of potential.

@ spitfire_doug - I too would like to get something more for the track be it street or short course, but the short course stuff is so hardcore from a non scale perspective, it's hard to really get a steady feel for it with mound after mound that you can't see over or past.

If FPV short course racing picked up seems we'd need more subdued courses and not so unrealistic where to scale the truck is flying through the air over and over for many hundreds of feet. What currently happens on RC tracks is super exaggerated from real short course racing, and for me I'd like a more all around realistic FPV scale course. I like seeing trucks thrown through the air over and over, but not from the camera perspective since it can make most want to barf.

From the ground FPVing I've done most stock motors do the trick when others want the fastest motor and speed (which is fine, to each his own). To me driving between 10-15mps is more like 60-80 mph it seems in FPV depending on the truck, but I'm no math wiz and can't for the life of me find a good mph scale converter that gives a good readout of the conversion.

For instance, thy call the Summit a 1/8th scale truck, but we use 1/6th scale figures for the Tonka Summit and the Tonka is made for the figures, so for scale-ish purposes I consider the Tonka Summit a 1/6th scale truck experience, and therefore would work it's numbers as a 1/6th truck. Well, no one makes 1/6th in RC that I've found much of and no calculators to input that I can find.

Anyway. It seems the math would be 1 mile = 5280' therefore 1 mile in 1/6 scale would be 880' (and mean the 1 mile range trip I made was to scale 6 miles), but that still doesn't give me the speed without more math.

I need to clock it at full speed, or just hit full throttle and run for 880' to calc how long it takes from the start line to the finish line since I din't have a radar gun or speedometer, but I bet the mph is faster than you'd run a truck like that in full scale, or more like a race truck if so, definitely no like that on dirt back roads.

Anyway, that't my tangential post on MPH in FPV on the ground. Once the rains stop maybe I can test such a speed test.

If you have a gps you can strap it to your car.Most handheld or car gps have a max speed function that works for moving in a straight line.You could probably find the same thing on an app for a smartphone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    If you have a gps you can strap it to your car.Most handheld or car gps have a max speed function that works for moving in a straight line.You could probably find the same thing on an app for a smartphone as well.
    That's true, I could use the EzOSD I have to get a feel... just every time I stop I get the end screen! Sander, I need that custom software you were working on. Or just use iut for that test and disable the end summary I suppose.

Navigator
    This thread has cost me a bunch of money lol
    Found a used summit on rctech so I will soon have a FPV Summit! Need to decide on vtx and antennas now

un-cut video playing by myself in the park. bit boring but i have nobody else near me with a summit xD
    all work, no play =(

Pretty awesome thread guys, im really enjoying all the videos here! Keep it up!

Martin

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast