Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What RTH/GPS options are out there for fixed wing?

Just installed my second Vector, this time on my QAV400. Totally sold, this will go on everything I FPV. I was recording fireworks last night after frantically tearing out a Naza v2 to install the Vector. GPS Loiter on the Vector is awesome, I was afraid to use GPS on the Naza :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nate21 View Post
    ... I was afraid to use GPS on the Naza :P
    /methinks you've been listening to too many n00b Phantom pilots that had their precious fly off into the sunset
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    /methinks you've been listening to too many n00b Phantom pilots that had their precious fly off into the sunset
    Lolz...You are mostly correct...but it's been more than just Phantom pilots. One or two reports here n there I can ignore as n00bs, many dozens on the other hand....I wanted off that boat before mine sank :P

I've never experienced a Naza flyaway myself, and I've literally logged hundreds of hours on Naza FCs (in the air, not on the bench tinkering!).

Sure, it can act funny at times, but that's due to the sloppy coding. For example if GPS position X suddenly jumps to position Y within 2 seconds, whereas X and Y are 2 miles apart it makes sense to ignore that (warp speed anyone?) and wait for a better GPS fix. The Naza doesn't do that, it automatically tries to correct and flies to position Y (i.e. a flyaway).

Luckily there's the manual mode switch. However that's buried soo deep in their software that most n00bs never find it, although it is highly doubtful they'd know what to do with it anyway, as suddenly the quad no longer behaves like a chess piece of a checkered board, so I guess that sums it all up?
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

That could very well explain it. There are times when I want to use GPS to loiter for video and I'd rather not have to worry about that sudden X - Y jump.

Not to mention that the switch allowed me to shed a few components like osd and second gps. I'm sure someone out there needs a lightly used Naza :P

Navigator
    no throttle is a big one, this was the reason why I went to Arkbird... I had (still have Syclops Storm in my non fpv plane )

Navigator
    Its still working ok is it
    Last edited by marcus621000; 5th July 2017 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Delete

I have a couple of EzOSDs and use a Bigaole 6G-AP for a stabiliser (if needed) and RTH for those unexpected emergencies. I have also used the Turnigy TF1000C but it has no "off" switch for the stabiliser, so it can cause problems.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Flight-Co...4AAOSwNSxVXIk7

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345