Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 274

Thread: FlyingCinema CineGimbal now in stock

  1. #211
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_patso View Post

    3.
    Oh, I get it, they are for mounting onto the frame (1)Gimbal Mount came out well, BUT the screws for the 35mm standoffs don't seem to serve a function, they just barely kind of "hold" the 35mm standoffs in there. The 6mm m3 screw heads are the same or less diameter than the standoffs, and the holes in the plates are shaped like the standoffs ofcourse.
    I'm still confused on this.

    I've built the gimbal before the frame (so perhaps it'll make sense later) but these pop out or in the housing with little more than *thinking* about touching it. When they do pop off, the top and bottom plates are very quickly released which then means putting most of it back together.

    Based on the commentary above, it sounds like I have it right, but if those are meant to offer any strength or guidance, I can't see how they'll stand up.

    I feel like Eddy Murphy when I pick up the assembly...



    Should I be adding some larger washers to give it some rigidity?

    Many thanks.

  2. #212
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Florida, US
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt- View Post
    I'm still confused on this.

    I've built the gimbal before the frame (so perhaps it'll make sense later) but these pop out or in the housing with little more than *thinking* about touching it. When they do pop off, the top and bottom plates are very quickly released which then means putting most of it back together.

    Based on the commentary above, it sounds like I have it right, but if those are meant to offer any strength or guidance, I can't see how they'll stand up.

    I feel like Eddy Murphy when I pick up the assembly...



    Should I be adding some larger washers to give it some rigidity?

    Many thanks.
    Matt, you only need to use screws on the smaller vertical plates, the top and the bottom are sandwiched by the clean plates on the frame.

    You can uses a dab of CA to hold them in place but after the frame is all together they should not come off at all.

    Let me know if that helps.
    Have you send the 3d model?
    [URL="http://www.flyingcinema.com"]FlyingCinema.com[/URL]

    [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/flyingcine[/url]
    [url]http://instagram.com/flying_cinema[/url]
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/FlyingCine[/url]

  3. #213
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    421
    I'll take a crack at trying to explain my confusion.. Once you have the frame built and you start looking how the gimbal hardware mounts it will make sense, it did for me and I am absolutely ****ing retarded. Those screws I have circled actually need to be going through the very front of the clean plates. Those stands offs become the front part of the clean section frame.

  4. #214
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    jUST A QUICK ?. Will 2 tiger 2208 motors work for the gimbal or does the roll axis need to be a 2212?.

  5. #215
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Florida, US
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelapaty View Post
    jUST A QUICK ?. Will 2 tiger 2208 motors work for the gimbal or does the roll axis need to be a 2212?.
    Yes 2 (2208) will work. That's the reason there are 2 standoffs at the front of the frame
    [URL="http://www.flyingcinema.com"]FlyingCinema.com[/URL]

    [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/flyingcine[/url]
    [url]http://instagram.com/flying_cinema[/url]
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/FlyingCine[/url]

  6. #216
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    21
    Ok thanks bllama 2 ordered.

  7. #217
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Silverdale, WA, USA
    Posts
    9,999
    I recently bought one of the new AlexMoss 8 bit 2 axis controller (That looks much like a 3 axis) - having some trouble getting the fine tweaks in place.

    Anyone got PID settings?

    I think I have it as such:


    10 .04 8
    8 .04 6

    Still feels like the pitch jittery problem followed me to the new board, perhaps a motor but if I had known good settings I could troubleshoot this.

    I have the 2212's on for motors, both.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

    KF7TRX

  8. #218
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Florida, US
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotttu View Post
    I recently bought one of the new AlexMoss 8 bit 2 axis controller (That looks much like a 3 axis) - having some trouble getting the fine tweaks in place.

    Anyone got PID settings?

    I think I have it as such:


    10 .04 8
    8 .04 6

    Still feels like the pitch jittery problem followed me to the new board, perhaps a motor but if I had known good settings I could troubleshoot this.

    I have the 2212's on for motors, both.

    [URL="http://www.flyingcinema.com"]FlyingCinema.com[/URL]

    [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/flyingcine[/url]
    [url]http://instagram.com/flying_cinema[/url]
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/FlyingCine[/url]

  9. #219
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Silverdale, WA, USA
    Posts
    9,999
    Quote Originally Posted by bllama View Post


    Thanks!!!!!!


    Question: Are you using both 2212's or a 2210? - My pole count always reverts to 22.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

    KF7TRX

  10. #220
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Florida, US
    Posts
    769
    Im using mostly motors 2208s but 2212 and 2208 are recommended.
    [URL="http://www.flyingcinema.com"]FlyingCinema.com[/URL]

    [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/flyingcine[/url]
    [url]http://instagram.com/flying_cinema[/url]
    [url]https://www.facebook.com/FlyingCine[/url]

Similar Threads

  1. Flying Cinema feedback thread
    By terabyte in forum FLYINGCINEMA
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 31st July 2014, 11:42 PM
  2. RC Cinema: Top Quad!
    By spackletoe in forum AIR SHOWS...
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15th March 2013, 09:18 PM
  3. New Stock?
    By Wearyman in forum ImmersionRC
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20th February 2012, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •