Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FlyingCinema CineGimbal now in stock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Instructor Pilot

FlyingCinema CineGimbal now in stock

All the pre-orders are shipped and we have some on the shelf. If you were waiting for them to be in stock hurry up before they are gone.

http://flyingcinema.com/cinegimbal.html
    Last edited by terabyte; 30th May 2014 at 01:48 AM.

Instructor Pilot
    BTW I forgot to mention that we are including a GoPro Lens protector with the kit.

Is there an exploded view for this somewhere?
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Quote Originally Posted by Scotttu View Post
    Is there an exploded view for this somewhere?
    On the same dropbox folder as the CineTank.

Very cool guys. I gonna buy one and of course make a build video of it.

FPV is the bees knees
    I'm viewing this on my iPhone, so if I'm seeing the picture incorrectly please let me know. Anyways, isn't the camera lens supposed to be on center with the gimbal motor for tilt? That way you get a smooth transition and can't see the camera moving? Maybe it is on center, but doesn't look like it on my phone.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy321 View Post
    I'm viewing this on my iPhone, so if I'm seeing the picture incorrectly please let me know. Anyways, isn't the camera lens supposed to be on center with the gimbal motor for tilt? That way you get a smooth transition and can't see the camera moving? Maybe it is on center, but doesn't look like it on my phone.
    Its not on center because we wanted to make the gimbal as small as possible. That was a compromise we had to make design-wise, however it wasnt a compromise in the end result of the video. Even though its not aligned there is no measurable difference in any of our real-world testing.

Love the look of the gimbal but have a few questions/comments for clarification.

1. You list on the website, recommended motors, however the design seems to not have any adjustment built in. As the CG/balance is critical for proper gimbal operation perhaps you should change the "recommended" to "required"?

2. Along the lines of #1... I also assume that this gimbal will only function with the GoPro 3 and GoPro 3+, you may want to make mention of this on the product page as well, maybe even as part of the product title to avoid confusion.

3. Do you plan on stocking the gimbal motors? It would be nice if you did then the end user would not need to go out and source them on their own.

4. How about gimbal controllers? What ones work well and integrate into the CineTank?
    Last edited by Derrick; 10th June 2014 at 11:28 AM.
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Instructor Pilot
    Derrick, man your feedback is amazing. You make it so much easier for those that come after you.

1. You are correct. Fixed.

2. Couldn't agree with you more. Fixed.

3. Yes but it might be a few months. My goal is to carry every component you need to get a Tank in the air on our site and eventually even offer ARF kits.

4. AlexMos 2-Axis is what we fly and recommend. - http://www.getfpv.com/alexmos-brushl...-with-imu.html

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    Love the look of the gimbal but have a few questions/comments for clarification.

1. You list on the website, recommended motors, however the design seems to not have any adjustment built in. As the CG/balance is critical for proper gimbal operation perhaps you should change the "recommended" to "required"?

2. Along the lines of #1... I also assume that this gimbal will only function with the GoPro 3 and GoPro 3+, you may want to make mention of this on the product page as well, maybe even as part of the product title to avoid confusion.

3. Do you plan on stocking the gimbal motors? It would be nice if you did then the end user would not need to go out and source them on their own.

4. How about gimbal controllers? What ones work well and integrate into the CineTank?

Navigator
    When I was reading through the official thread on the CineTank, there was a guy who bought the iPower 2208/2212 gimbal motors, and found that the screw hole pattern on the motors and gimbal didn't match up properly, making him drill his own holes. Have you found that to be the case too? If so, perhaps a CineGimbal build video is in order?

Also, when looking at pictures of the iPower 2208 motors and 2212 motors, the only difference looks like the 2212's are a tad longer, and the specs say that they are designed to work with up to 300 grams of camera, and the 2208's will work with 200g worth of camera. If that is the case, either should work great, so I might as well go with the slightly lighter, slightly less-powerful 2208's right? Is there any other trade-off's that I should know about? For instance does the slightly higher torque of the 2212's give a more responsive or reliable camera gimbal in general? Thanks. I love Flying Cinema and I actually have the CineTank and gimbal coming to me in the mail right now!