Page 149 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1858

Thread: Brain FPV Flight Controller - Open Source (Tau Labs) Full-Graphic OSD

Forum Member
    FYI the price of the Brain was just reduced to $99 and premium enclosures are now available:

http://www.brainfpv.com/shop/product...ain-enclosure/

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoblin View Post
    I posted about one I designed here. http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post699353

I can share the stl files if you're interested.
    Stl files? Yes please. That looks pretty good.
    Nice design to have it snap together.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vwracer69 View Post
    Would you happen to have any pictures of what the case looks like. I have been trying to get an acrylic case for months now with no response.
    Yeah I'll take a couple of photos and post them soon.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geekness View Post
    Stl files? Yes please. That looks pretty good.
    Nice design to have it snap together.
    OK This will need to be printed from ABS as PLA seems a little brittle for the clips. The only sample I have around is a PLA one that the clips broke off but you'll get the idea.
    STL Files
    fpvBrain_base.stl.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150919_185609.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	66391Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150919_185625.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	205.1 KB 
ID:	66392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150919_185651.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	66393

Forum Member
    Ok, so I have Frsky Taranis RSSI over S.BUS figured. No need to use a ADC port or deal with the goofy Frsky RSSI PWM rate.

On the Taranis, map input 8 to RSSI on the inputs menu. Goto the mixer page and and map that input to channel 8 with defaults. Now on the GCS input page select RSSI, S.BUS, CH 8 , min 988, max 1072. Enable RSSI display in the OSD menu and you are gold.

Note, the min and max values I used may be different for your setup. I arrived at these values with a little trial and error.

Forum Member
    I am planning to use my brain fpv for my fixed delta wing. Am trying to set it up in the vehicle wizard but it says that the current version only supports multi rotor. I thought brain fpv support fixed wing?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viperdad View Post
    I am planning to use my brain fpv for my fixed delta wing. Am trying to set it up in the vehicle wizard but it says that the current version only supports multi rotor. I thought brain fpv support fixed wing?
    It does, just not through the wizard. You need to set it up manually, which isn't really hard and is in my opinion better than using a wizard as it gives you and understanding of what you are doing. It makes it easier to change things later on. Basically, follow these steps:

1. Under "Vehicle" select "Fixed Wing" and then the type of airplane ("Elevon" for a delta wing). Assign the servos / engine to the outputs. You can also adjust the elevon mix there.
    2. Under "Input" run the radio configuration wizard.
    3. Under "Outputs" adjust the servo centers and endpoints. To do so, make sure the propeller is removed and select "Test Outputs" you can then adjust the position with the sliders. I find it easiest to first leave the minimum and maximum at 1000 / 2000 and write down the values corresponding to the endpoints (max. control surface deflection you want). Then de-select "Test Outputs" and enter the new maximum and minimum values. Select "Test Outputs" again and set the center value. Note: You can also reverse the servo direction in this pane if necessary.

For the maiden flight, make sure to have "Manual" selected as the flight mode. This just passes through the commands from your transmitter. Once the airplane is properly trimmed, land and under "Vehicle" click on "Trim Servos", go to "Outputs' and click "Save". This will copy the trims you determined during flight into the flight controller. So you can then re-center the trims on your transmitter. Then you can start tuning rate mode ("Acro") as you would do with a multirotor. For a fixed wing, the "TxPID" module is helpful for this. As it lets you adjust PID values using a pot on the transmitter during flight.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliShredder View Post
    It does, just not through the wizard. You need to set it up manually, which isn't really hard and is in my opinion better than using a wizard as it gives you and understanding of what you are doing. It makes it easier to change things later on. Basically, follow these steps:

1. Under "Vehicle" select "Fixed Wing" and then the type of airplane ("Elevon" for a delta wing). Assign the servos / engine to the outputs. You can also adjust the elevon mix there.
    2. Under "Input" run the radio configuration wizard.
    3. Under "Outputs" adjust the servo centers and endpoints. To do so, make sure the propeller is removed and select "Test Outputs" you can then adjust the position with the sliders. I find it easiest to first leave the minimum and maximum at 1000 / 2000 and write down the values corresponding to the endpoints (max. control surface deflection you want). Then de-select "Test Outputs" and enter the new maximum and minimum values. Select "Test Outputs" again and set the center value. Note: You can also reverse the servo direction in this pane if necessary.

For the maiden flight, make sure to have "Manual" selected as the flight mode. This just passes through the commands from your transmitter. Once the airplane is properly trimmed, land and under "Vehicle" click on "Trim Servos", go to "Outputs' and click "Save". This will copy the trims you determined during flight into the flight controller. So you can then re-center the trims on your transmitter. Then you can start tuning rate mode ("Acro") as you would do with a multirotor. For a fixed wing, the "TxPID" module is helpful for this. As it lets you adjust PID values using a pot on the transmitter during flight.
    Thank you! Just one important thing to note is to set the frequency of the channels to 50 (Hz) in the output page. By default, this is set to 400. This costs me two 9g servos and the plastic litterally melted. So, take note of this!

Will be doing my maiden this weekend. Hopefully, nothing breaks.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viperdad View Post
    Thank you! Just one important thing to note is to set the frequency of the channels to 50 (Hz) in the output page. By default, this is set to 400. This costs me two 9g servos and the plastic litterally melted. So, take note of this!

Will be doing my maiden this weekend. Hopefully, nothing breaks.
    That's strange, the default is 50Hz so it doesn't fry servos. Are you sure you didn't set it to 400Hz manually?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HeliShredder View Post
    That's strange, the default is 50Hz so it doesn't fry servos. Are you sure you didn't set it to 400Hz manually?
    Nope. The default is 400. To be sure, I always update my firmware then erase all the settings on the board. Then I begin the setup. I am not aware of this frequency setup till I fried the servos and found that the frequency is defaulted to 400. Luckily, placing the cursor over the frequency show a tooltip which states that it should be set to 50 for fixed wing.

Page 149 of 186 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159 ... LastLast