Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trappy appeal brief

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    How about you settle down? After this post maybe you can see that you, too, harbor many shitty opinions. Hopefully I've been able to correct them.
    Sounds like I'm not the one all worked up

I've seen green men from mars. Gee I can make up things on the internet too Why don't you site an example instead of just claiming?

Are you claiming that automobile racing was responsible for horses and cars sharing the road? Please, at least put a little thought into your crap.

Your post has only convinced me that there is little distinction between some drone pilots and lemmings.
    Last edited by spiked3; 24th May 2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: grammar

FPV FTW!
    Here's the thing man, you can't use absolutes in an argument (such as government always rules in favor of government) because by that statement alone you just killed your credibility. It's obvious government doesn't always rule in favor of government, a quick scan of our countries history will reveal that.

You're a huge pessimist man, everyone on here can see that, and most are sick of it. I myself am a realist, but your posts and arguments are almost never without an insult or a jab at someone who has an opposing view to your own. I'm with J on this one, you need to cool it.
    AbsoluteAltitudes: Well, I didn't figure out my ESC issue, but I did figure out how to make my motors play Jingle Bells

I stayed away from this board for quite a while, because I too was/am sick of those who can not discuss something without insults. Channel 1 and I was having a civil conversation. Then along comes devinD calling my attitude shitty followed by viatiminJ equally crying rant, with some of the most ignorant logic I've ever read. If you don't like it, stay out of it, or at least make a thought out civil statement. Your dislike of me is mutual, get over it.

My quote is "I'm betting by the time it gets to the top of the faa, the government will rule for the government. Has that ever not been the case, ever, in history?" Anyone who does not have an agenda can reason I meant a government paid judge ruling in a government vs xxx case. You turned that into "you can't use absolutes in an argument (such as government always rules in favor of government) because by that statement alone you just killed your credibility". I think that states your position, exceptionally well said.
    Last edited by spiked3; 24th May 2014 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spiked3 View Post
    My quote is "I'm betting by the time it gets to the top of the faa, the government will rule for the government.
    But never forget, money rules the government and there is a lot of capitol on the sidelines watching this case, some of it has become actively involved to "ecourage" the NTSB to not just rule against the FAA, but to do it in a manner that limits the FAA's ability to appeal and I am sure there are others who are putting pressure on their D.C. reps to encourage the NTSB to do the same.

There is a line from an old anti-war song that sums up that type of lobbying, "getting so much resistance from behind."

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

I agree channel 1, that might be the case. My point was I clearly stated an opinion. One that I do not know of an exception to, other than civil rights social cases, of which I do not believe this is one of.

Sounds like I'm not the one all worked up

I've seen green men from mars. Gee I can make up things on the internet too Why don't you site an example instead of just claiming?

Are you claiming that automobile racing was responsible for horses and cars sharing the road? Please, at least put a little thought into your crap.

Your post has only convinced me that there is little distinction between some drone pilots and lemmings.
    Sorry, I come from the part of the internet where common knowledge doesn't have to be cited.

Race citation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Times-Herald_race
    "Both Haynes and the driver of a Benz car, were stopped by police while driving their cars into the city. They were forced to requisition horses to pull the cars... as the police informed them, they had no right to drive their vehicles on the city streets. The situation caused the race to again be postponed while the Times-Herald editors convinced the city leaders to pass an ordinance to confirm the right of these vehicles to travel on city streets. Once the ordinance passed, the race was held on November 28, Thanksgiving Day."

Modern-day rulings against Federal agencies:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sackett...n_of_the_Court
    In a unanimous opinion by Justice Scalia issued on March 21, 2012, the Court held that EPA's compliance orders may be challenged in a civil action brought under the Administrative Procedure Act (APA).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC_v._...ns,_Inc._(2012)
    "We do not suggest that the FCC could not create a constitutional policy. We hold only that the FCC’s current policy fails constitutional scrutiny."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massach...tection_Agency
    "Massachusetts v. Environmental Protection Agency, 549 U.S. 497 (2007),[1] is a U.S. Supreme Court case decided 5-4 in which twelve states and several cities of the United States brought suit against the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to force that federal agency to regulate carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases (GHGs) as pollutants."

I stayed away from this board for quite a while, because I too was/am sick of those who can not discuss something without insults. Channel 1 and I was having a civil conversation. Then along comes devinD calling my attitude shitty followed by viatiminJ equally crying rant, with some of the most ignorant logic I've ever read. If you don't like it, stay out of it, or at least make a thought out civil statement. Your dislike of me is mutual, get over it.
    No you stay away from this forum because every time you come here you run your mouth but can't take it back. I've defended you across this board several times but will not be doing so in the future.

My quote is "I'm betting by the time it gets to the top of the faa, the government will rule for the government. Has that ever not been the case, ever, in history?" Anyone who does not have an agenda can reason I meant a government paid judge ruling in a government vs xxx case. You turned that into "you can't use absolutes in an argument (such as government always rules in favor of government) because by that statement alone you just killed your credibility". I think that states your position, exceptionally well said.
    How about you offer some citations that "the government will rule for the government. Has that ever not been the case, ever, in history?" because you haven't offered a single one, and I just posted 3 cases that prove you wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
    A lot of private interest (read: money) in this decision I wouldn't be surprised if Trappy's team is getting some under the table help from a bigger power.
    I would be suprised if any of it would be under the table, it is quite legal to offer support.

Wayne
    Everybody loves a bunny.

Good examples. I'm not going to argue details, I don't need to win. My opinion on Trappy vs the FAA stands, but as I said earlier, I could really care less. It is totally irrelevant, again an opinion not stating as a fact, if you disagree so be it, enjoy it.

Good examples. I'm not going to argue details, I don't need to win. My opinion on Trappy vs the FAA stands, but as I said earlier, I could really care less. It is totally irrelevant, again an opinion not stating as a fact, if you disagree so be it, enjoy it.
    Let me quote you:

That's "some of the most ignorant logic I've ever read."

Really dude, no interest in dragging it out. Stick a star on your forehead.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast