FPVLAB

Page 82 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV Soaring....Thermal, Slope, Towing. Tips and Tricks!

Reliku.....that plane isnt that big! Everyone knows that the cars in the Netherlands are really small.......LOL.
    I remember you showing me that picture a while back.......it is a big one!
    Brett Hays
    JosephOregon.com
    flitetest.com/articles/fpv-full-scale-cockpit-ground-station-w-42-tv

Spinner that I waited 2 weeks for just flew off and cracked

I knew that the two grub screws weren't too secure. Maybe I should dremel a notch for the screws on the motor shaft....

Quote Originally Posted by Priel View Post
    Hey maximus, mind snapping a pic or two of your goggle mod? Got some dom hd goggles I'd like to mod... thanks.
    Pics below. I also got DomHD now, which I modded differently. There's a post somewhere about shaping a piece of fiberglass or plastic to fit in the eyecup slots, with thin foam attached to it. I did that with my HD. Better than the biker goggles mod methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rfriedman View Post
    That is the whole reason I got the cularis. I learned to fly on bixler, and come from a sailplane background. It's about time I use all the free energy from thermals and slope (both at my flying site).

Maximus: Is your estimated mAh used off or something because on OSD it was over 5000. I was puzzled how you fit so much battery in there, but now knowing you only had a 3s 5000 is comforting. I have seen a few goggle mods, and I like the idea of leather. Does it get hot compared to ski goggle mod? I think an advantage of leather would be it doesn't wear out, and is very classy I agree with Priel: Send us some pics!
    The estimate is off, yes. It's the minimosd using a virtual current sensor, not a real one. I still need to calibrate it properly. I prefer using voltage rather than mAh as an indication of battery state. It's more reliable and accurate.

The goggle mod doesn't get hot really, and it's not real leather. It's rather cheap biker goggles at about $4. Works well though. Only problem is it moves the screens slightly further away from your eyes, so the edges are very slightly blurred. Doesn't bother me though and makes up for it in comfort!

Last edited by Maximus; 17th March 2015 at 01:47 AM.

Jeez thats a big plane...you weren't kidding reliku!
    "Pretending to know everything closes doors to finding out what's really there..." ~ Neil deGrasse Tyson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [TBS Discovery, E-Flite UMX Radian, Airfield P-51 (confiscated from destructive brother), Syma X-1, ZMR 250 Carbon w/CC3D, Lanyu ASW-28 ( Flying work in progress - FPV Brain powered soon! ]

Navigator
    How will the Cyclone E handle for thermaling? I like going around slowly enjoying the flight and then just use the motor to gain some altitude again if I can't find thermals now with my Radian pro setup but is this only for speed and performance? I know it has little space for FPV gear but it should be possible to fit a tiny transmitter and camera on it. Anyways I'm willing to sacrifice space to performance just for a model that is easy to climb on thermals with and fly around slowly with

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...00mm_ARF_.html

I don't know, but that is not really a glider, it's made for speed and rocketing up, not for thermaling up
    Cheers,
    Sven
    Quote Originally Posted by c5galaxy engineer View Post
    Zee is wrong, Grasshopper is ALWAYS right!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reliku View Post
    I don't know, but that is not really a glider, it's made for speed and rocketing up, not for thermaling up
    thought so from the videos on youtube :/ I'm open to suggestions from the various gliders that hobbyking has if anyone got a tip of a glider that is great for thermaling. I need a electric motor for it as I don't own a winch.. Original plan was ASW28 but someone told me to avoide the scale models if I wanted great thermaling abilities and I'm left clueless

Cularis? Its supposedly faster.

Ill let you guys know how the maiden goes. Just gotta loctite the pushrod connectors and dremel a flat spot on motor shaft for the grub screws to sit and it's good to go.

Scale or not doesn't really matter, really.
    Cheers,
    Sven
    Quote Originally Posted by c5galaxy engineer View Post
    Zee is wrong, Grasshopper is ALWAYS right!

Has anyone flown the super sky surfer?

I was able to thermal my normal size sky surfer (bixler) . Maybe the super version is more thermally?

Page 82 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast