FPVLAB

Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1487

Thread: FPV Soaring....Thermal, Slope, Towing. Tips and Tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by parajared View Post
    Nice

Fly,crash,glue,repeat! Jake Bullit's Avatar
    A short range flight with my ASW28:

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by parajared View Post
    Awesome

A recent flight...

Cadders

Nice. Which glider is ?

Hi Parajed,
    I would suppose its an Grafas or similar - same view I do have from my Facination, but the speed 34 kph seems to much lighter type as my actual 3800g.
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by zlutyslamak View Post
    Hi Parajed,
    I would suppose its an Grafas or similar - same view I do have from my Facination, but the speed 34 kph seems to much lighter type as my actual 3800g.
    Jan
    It's a multiplex Heron. My mph to kph calculations escape me at the moment but it's 8mph cambered (for thermalling) 32mph reflexed (for penetration) and about 22-ish for what I feel to be the most efficient cruise. I fly very heavy at 1750g AUW instead of the recommended 1550 using a 7ah 3s. I would lose a thermalling competition if this was used in light lift but around here the extra heft works nicely. Winter can be challenging to thermal in but spring to fall here in Arizona it's a case of fly as long as you want from about 8 to 6pm or so.

While I have had airplanes better suited for endurance (Skyhunter, Talon) I have been enjoying using/abusing my Heron as a long range motor ship. Motored cruise comes out to about 40mph and 4.5 amps of draw for some lazy 1hr flights.

Navigator
    Well, I sold the Heron FPV glider this week and plan to replace it with the Fascination for some long rang thermalling FPV. What's the max amp hour you guys are flying with in the Fascination on 4s? I was hoping to fit at least 2X 4s3300 in the fuse, but haven't even done a trial fit yet. I even have some 4s5100s if the fuse can take it.

Hi guys,

I have estimated the glider from cadders post. I do not think is any foamie - color of cabin match the Topmodel standart color and there is visible dividing line on fuselage in front of cabin - sure there is molded fuselage. Also when in video the camera turns I would bet there is foam core balsa sheeted wing same as on Fascination ;-)

I have now in ressurected Fascination now 4S5P Li-Ion - theroetical 15Ah, in reality (because I do not discharge them to 2V per cell) about 12,5Ah. Li-Po has too low energy density, therefore I do not use Li-Po anymore for duration flights. Special for Fascination is the weight of battery big issue, because the foam core wing is very heavy and therefore the battery weight is very limited. Current AUW I have about 3800g.

If you wan to stick to Li-Po I can imagine to put in fuselage 2x 4Ah 4s 10C Multistar, but you will have to be very space-saving with electronics. WIth 2x 5100 you will have probably not enough space under wing for autopilot and receiver. I have the 4S Li-Ion packs with length ca. 265 mm without cables and even with uVector is fuselage under wing very tight because of cable connection to wing.

I can make some pictures if there will be any interrest.

Jan

Hi all, it's a Topmodel Ideal X tail not the V....3.2m wingspan. It's got a 5000Mah and flies like a dream. However, I'm in the process of replacing the fuselage due to a stupid mistake on landing.
    Cadders

Page 147 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149 LastLast