Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best overall Quad Air frame for us FPV users?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinv033 View Post
    Tim's Tricopter kit is great, but in the spirit of a quad, you could forego the Yaw mechanics and make a Y4. Love that they are light and foldable and cheap to repair in a crash.

Another frame I like is AGLHobbies UAP1 which is configurable to many multirotor layouts. +, X, X8, Y4, Y6, Hexa, Octo. You can really make a lot of room on the frame for loads of gear, but it's just going to be heavy.

I know you bought a frame since the pmq. What did you go for andd how was it in comparison to the pmq frame?

Quote Originally Posted by NDw View Post
    I know you bought a frame since the pmq. What did you go for andd how was it in comparison to the pmq frame?
    I've gotten a VC450, which I think is the best FPV platform for a quad.

I also have that UAP1, which is very nice considering the configuration options. It started in Hexa+, but I've had it a quad format most recently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	5500   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1147.jpg 
Views:	586 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	5499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1269.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	5501  
    youtube.com/user/kevinv033
    vimeo.com/kevinv033

Hammer and Visegrips schnellschnell's Avatar

Which quad frame?

I currently have a lunar lander from from Jakub. It has had some pretty good crashes and stood up well, but is now just too beaten up.

Jakub has a new set of frames: http://quadframe.com/collections/qua...nar-explorer-4
    for $136 CDN.

or I was interested in:

http://www.hauntnet.com/frankenquad/...products_id=45
    for $78 CDN.

I like the layout of the frankenquad, and the FPV purpose and it is a fair bit cheaper. The Lunar explorer is more money but comes with a good cam mount (my FC has stabilization control) and extra arms and legs, and my previous was pretty burly.

Any experience with either one - let me know. How well built / durable is the Zombie for instance?

My FC is DJI WKm so I need a bit of space for all the electronics.

j

There are lots of options for quad frames out there... but if you really want something that will suit what you need it to do I reccomend that you build it yourself. Take a look at what is out there, pull in the best and make it fit your gear. Best of all you will have enough spare material left over to remanufacture parts that break. This is just my 2 cents. You will be happiest with something that does what you need it to do rather than trying to make something work.

Hi, If you like the layout of the frankenquad then your going to love this one!!!
    HT-FPV from Hoverthings :http://www.hoverthings.com/ht-fpv-frame-pre-order.html
    This thing is awsem!!!! no props in your view which is really nice if you ask me..

Regards
    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da vinci

I just finished setting up my Frankenquad Zombie. Flew her yesterday FPV for a few hours. It's a solid frame at a good price. Plus you wont have to wait two weeks like the HT-FPV. I do think that the Hoverthings rig looks very nice though.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
    There are lots of options for quad frames out there... but if you really want something that will suit what you need it to do I reccomend that you build it yourself. Take a look at what is out there, pull in the best and make it fit your gear. Best of all you will have enough spare material left over to remanufacture parts that break. This is just my 2 cents. You will be happiest with something that does what you need it to do rather than trying to make something work.
    That is on my list to do. Unfortunately my flying time is already limited and at this point I just can't dive into that. Plus my tendency to over engineer things would probably create the M1 Abrams of quad frames, lol.

j

@Traveller, @airbagit13: that HT looks good but I can't see a pre-order page for it - I'm in no particular rush as my LL4 still flies even with a bent arm and cracked center plate. Hmm, tough choice but I do like that people are moving away from the small square center plate to cram everything on. Can't wait to see what comes with the future.

@airbagit: what is your setup now? I currently have 4 Tiger 2216-10 900kv motors and with 3s2200 I get 6 or 7 minutes of easy flying. Tried 9x6 Graupner and 8x5 3 blade GWS props. Not enough for a good FPV flight. Granted my batteries are getting old, but still. Your pics in another thread (iirc) references using a 5000mAh pack for balance - how did that extra weight go wrt flight times / handling?

j

I've got one of the HT frames. Probably some better choices out there. With these frames you just have to make sure you get the cg correct. Usually right where the motor lines would meet. There is going to be a Quadrixette 40 coming soon from eyefly.info it's a foldable "spider" frame similar to the frankenquad/ht layout. I also like rusty's UAP1 for configurability. Just may not look all that exciting.

Here's vid of the Quadrixette.
    youtube.com/user/kevinv033
    vimeo.com/kevinv033

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinv033 View Post
    There is going to be a Quadrixette 40 coming soon from eyefly.info it's a foldable "spider" frame similar to the frankenquad/ht layout.
    @Kevin,

please allow me to post here, as i'm the one standing behind the Quadrixette:

thanks for mentioning the Quadrixette. In fact this was the first available "spider"-Quad-Frame, the Frankenquad/ht followed this idea (i hope the won't do so right away with the foldable style as well ).

Anyway, if any of you needs more info about the frame, please let me know. Always at your best service ;-)

Best wishes,
    Nic

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast