FPVLAB

Thread: Under Current: FPV Quadcopter crashes into River with underwater footage

Navigator

Under Current: FPV Quadcopter crashes into River with underwater footage

Hi All,

Well I managed to sink the Quadcopter again in the pursuit of the perfect shot lol. This day was one of those days where nothing was going right, I had already hit about 8 objects during my flight due to many factors, going too fast, not knowing the area, bad light but it all came to an end after hitting the water.

Not much damage was caused during the crash, Only 2x props were damaged and after drying out the Quad I found one of the ESC's had given up, luckily that seems to be the only damaged caused.

Best viewed full screen @1080p

Where are you located, in general?
    Lot of quartz in that creek, I'd be dipping my gold pan in there....

Cool view!!
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

How did your only losses electronically be a ESC? I would have thought that tons of things would have been toasted inside the water....
    sum ting wong
    WI to low
    BANG DING OW -chatch

Sounds like a typical RcLab1 maiden flight to me -ssassen

Whatever. This forum sucks. -SENTRY

No, if you air everything out and let it sit, better yet, let it sit in rice most electronics will work again.
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotttu View Post
    Where are you located, in general?
    Lot of quartz in that creek, I'd be dipping my gold pan in there....

Cool view!!
    I am located near Plymouth in Devon. The area has a huge history for copper, arsnic and a few other things (even uranium) but I have never heard about gold here. The whole area is quarts and granite. Now that you have mentioned it I so want to go try a pan of gravel just to see if there is any.

So would you say...where there is quarts there is gold? or is that just too simple lol

@HockeyStud87 The quad was only submerged in clean water for about 20mins, had the water contained salts or other contaminants then I most of the electronics would of been useless. I cleaned all parts in distilled water and then dried them again. One ESC shorted out which is not so bad. The Lipo's were fine and only lost a little charge underwater.