www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INTERFERENCE PROBLEM: EZUHF JR MODULE & TARANIS X9D

Forum Member

INTERFERENCE PROBLEM: EZUHF JR MODULE & TARANIS X9D

Hi!
    I try to use my new Tarais X9D and Immersion RC EZUHF JR module…with varied success.

Now I fighting with interference which take effect on 3 right buttons (“+”, “-“, “ENT”). That buttons is randomly acting, then EZUHF on Hi Power mode and with long Diamond SRH 771 antenna. And I noticed strong BZZZ… sound form Taranis speaker, which I cannot still resolve.

But, then I try to touch bottom part of antenna (which metal and connected to “ground”) or make counterweight (long wire connecting to “ground” of antenna connector), all buttons is OK, BZZZ sound almost gone, emitted power is increase.

Anyway, counterweight and internal TX shielding decrease interference. For example, by modification as shown below I fully eliminate interference from 2.4Ghz internal module.

But, seems to me, problem in bad design in EZUHF JR module or/and in Taranis. Its didn’t has adequate power lines filtering or incorrect grounding.

Anybody have same issue?

Please take me advice for resolving described problem with unexpected buttons acting.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	2650 
Size:	633.0 KB 
ID:	45052

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Futro View Post
    Hi!
    ...or make counterweight (long wire connecting to “ground” of antenna connector), all buttons is OK, BZZZ sound almost gone, emitted power is increase.
    Do you have a picture of this modification?

Forum Member
    I received my JR Module yesterday to use with the Taranis and I have exactly the same proplem with BZZZ sound. Back to the external UHF for now. I hope someone can provide a solution to this.
    [SIZE=1]| CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Vendetta [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] G2 [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Helix 5" [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| Kraken 5R [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| FU-RC Kore [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE][/SIZE] [/SIZE]Sweepwings Runt [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| [/SIZE]ZIII [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| Drak[/SIZE][/SIZE] | Mini Drak [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| All Hardcores [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| Rite Spec [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/hizlimax"]www.youtube.com/hizlimax[/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizlimax View Post
    I received my JR Module yesterday to use with the Taranis and I have exactly the same proplem with BZZZ sound. Back to the external UHF for now. I hope someone can provide a solution to this.
    I really wish people would bother to read a topic fully, or at least use the search. As has been explained many, many, many times over, the buzzing sound is due to poor engineering on the Taranis, it also buzzes with other modules, it therefore isn't EzUHF specific, so please stop pointing fingers.
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Hey Sander, did you hear the Frsky people are fixing the problem with the new version of the radio the 9xd+ (or what ever they are calling the new version after rev B). And the hardware engineers did admit the sound board is lacking proper shielding,, Maybe if people Google "Taranis buzzing" they would see its not an Ezuhf TX issue.. Too much work?
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
    I really wish people would bother to read a topic fully, or at least use the search. As has been explained many, many, many times over, the buzzing sound is due to poor engineering on the Taranis, it also buzzes with other modules, it therefore isn't EzUHF specific, so please stop pointing fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by swillhide View Post
    Hey Sander, did you hear the Frsky people are fixing the problem with the new version of the radio the 9xd+ (or what ever they are calling the new version after rev B). And the hardware engineers did admit the sound board is lacking proper shielding,, Maybe if people Google "Taranis buzzing" they would see its not an Ezuhf TX issue.. Too much work?
    This link should help them out!
    When nothing else out there will suit your needs... design and build it yourself.

Forum Member
    Try this:

http://www.thelasercutter.com/2014/0...any-solutions/

I am going to give it a try with some clip on ferrite ring thingys!

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vzachari View Post
    Do you have a picture of this modification?
    Yes. The wire is about 1,5m

Name:	IMG_0157.JPG 
Views:	1431 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	45061

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Now that is a good read.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Forum Member
    Gentlemans, sorry...
    But the problem (for me) not only in buzzing.

Buzzing not big issue...

Please, read my first post. I have unexpected acting of buttons on right side of screen (+, - ENT).

And problem is not in Taranis only.

If I use another antenna, that dipole, for example

Name:	IMG_0159.JPG 
Views:	405 
Size:	339.3 KB 
ID:	45065
    all is OK, and BZZ... sounds just a little.

Another words, issue probably, in bad power filtering in EZUHF module or grounding or bad antenna matching. I dont know...