Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: CineTank Mk.I - L (CineTank with 12" prop capacity)

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmerly View Post
    Damn, how did I miss this? Wish I knew before buying the regular version. Why such a high cost for them when the difference between regular and L version is only about 16?
    Sorry bud we posted as soon as we had them in stock. We are able to make a little less margin on the arms when in a kit because we make the majority of the kit in-house. These arms are full-scale aircraft grade CF weave all the way through, our cost is pretty high. While they are pricy we more than make up for it in how durable they are and in the fact that we engineering crash fuses in the plastic mounts which go before the CF breaks a good majority of the time.

Co-Pilot
    Understand. Anyone need 4x regular booms? =)

Pilot
    ya i broke one of the smaller CF booms, but admittedly it survived quite a bit before it broke & as engineered, the crash before the CF boom broke it twisted & sheared off the plastic studs in the mount.
    plastic mounts are much cheaper than booms plus it lets the motors turn a little bit in a mishap. better to move than be immobile! helps bearings & wiring.
    sort of like how everyone zip-ties & glues stuff to their flyers, but they'd be much better off with fluffy foam rubber & then attaching it with rubber bands. you wreck it, it just sorta flails apart like an indy car. fix some possibly chewed up wiring & no electronics get damaged

Got my FPV gear installed, trying something new here. I am building this rig to be a short range gimbaled copter to shoot various projects so I installed a ImmersionRC 5.8 600mw vtx and I am using the Flysight diversity monitor I got from Rangevideo. I haven't had good luck with 5.8 here in Miami in the past but I was using stock antennas on my vtx and vrx before. I walked down the block with the monitor and video was pretty clear so we will see what happens. In the past with stock antennas on 5.8 I couldn't go more then 50 feet away.

I wanted to get her airborne tonight but my DL on my Taranis makes the baby monitor go crazy so I will have to wait till tomorrow to set up the Naza.

Looks super sexy though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	45465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	45466  
    FPV is not a crime!

executiveprinters.com
    printingplusfl.com

Well..........it's tall.....but I have large batteries

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Quote Originally Posted by Scotttu View Post
    Well..........it's tall.....but I have large batteries

I love how the big motor look on it
    will be sending the extension plate early next week most likely.
    what fly time are you expecting?

Without the gimbal it should easily hover for 18 minutes, the 500 does.....in fact I would expect MAYBE 20 if I remove safety limits on the FC

Thanks, the extension will rock!

Looking for a naza v1 (Shhhhhhh) or a v2......
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Instructor Pilot
    with the better aerodynamics of the round arms you might get better flight time than the 500... let me know...

Will do of course!
    The 6000 fits!! Barely, but it fits!

KF7TRX

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotttu View Post
    Will do of course!
    The 6000 fits!! Barely, but it fits!
    Hi Scottu,

Just curious, I am thinking about getting the longer arm version. So you will be running 11x5 graupner 740kv tigers and a 6000mah 4s? Which 4s? Did you have to custom order spacers with your mk 1 - L for fitting the 6000mah?

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...Lipo_Pack.html

Maybe these 700kv sunnsysky motors http://www.foxtechfpv.com/sunnysky-2...tor-p-382.html and a 11x5 or 12x6 would be good?