Thread: 901 Wireless 5.8g Diversity 9" FPV monitor

Question 901 Wireless 5.8g Diversity 9" FPV monitor

From Foxtech Link
    The SKY-901 32CH Receiver monitor has excellent appearance. Its diversity LCD Screen offers the perfect solution for any 5.8GHz FPV system. The monitor is with built-in 5.8Ghz Dial receiver which could receive 2 channels at the same time, Dual split display , built-in 2CH AV input and 1CH AV output. Moreover, The monitor supports 9 languages menu selection and has special PIP feature.

My question:
    Foxtech, after reading your description and looking at the manual how do you enable Diversity mode? To me it seems the only option is Channel A or B, or A and B. Not a true diversity function of switching to the strongest signal. Don't get me wrong I like the idea, but I do not see the option of actual diversity.

Diversity (for antennas) is defined as "uses two or more antennas to improve the quality and reliability of a single wireless link".

Is there a unmentioned function where if it is on channel A only it will switch/select/Combine channel B or whichever has the strongest signal?

Or is it just a misprint.

Purveyors of FPV goodness ImmersionRC's Avatar
    I wouldn't bother, these monitors are notorious for not being compatible with popular 5.8GHz equipment like ImmersionRC's.
    Purveyors of FPV goodness

Lol, sounds like a conflict of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by nightram View Post
    Lol, sounds like a conflict of interest.
    I'm going to have to agree. A warning to check the compatibility maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    ...There's a government bureaucracy for ya, working to make something legal that was never illegal. LOL!

Hi , Sorry about the careless . it 's a misprint , we will correct it right now .
    As for the compatibility , we always suggest match Foxtech VTXRX work with our monitor , which is prefect compatible .

Thank you. Please keep this idea in mind for next time!

901 Wireless 5.8g Diversity 9" FPV monitor

There are spelling and grammar errors, it should read.

The SKY-901 32CH Receiver monitor has a excellent appearance. Its dual LCD Screen offers the perfect solution for any 5.8GHz FPV system. The monitor has built-in 5.8Ghz Dual receivers which could receive 2 channels at the same time, Dual split display, built-in 2CH AV input and 1CH AV output. Moreover, The monitor supports 9 languages menu selection and has special PIP feature.

If you send me the items I am only too happy to proof read and review all items. I have numerous technical qualifications to do this.
    Last edited by Nightram; 5th April 2014 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmersionRC View Post
    I wouldn't bother, these monitors are notorious for not being compatible with popular 5.8GHz equipment like ImmersionRC's.
    These cheaper monitors works great with Boscam system and save you the extra money a overprices ImmersionRC cost. Get a boscam 200mW transmitter for around $25 and a 600mW for around $60