Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Lumenier G10 DJI Replacement Arm

Introducing the Lumenier G10 DJI Replacement Arm

I am happy to announce our new G10 arms that are a direct replacement for standard DJI plastic arms. These new arms are stiff and have very little flex. We designed these arms for FPV and aerial videography builds that often comprise a lot of high value gear, carry heavier payloads, and could benefit from larger pancake style motors such as the Tiger MT-4006 or Lumenier FX-4006, which don't fit on the standard DJI arm. These arms are CNC-ed from 1/4" thick G10 material and are combined with an aluminum mount and screws. We offer the G10 arm separately from the hardware mounting kit as you will hopefully only need to buy the mounting hardware once, even if you have to replace a G10 arm.

We also offer snap on delrin landing gear for these arms in 2 different lengths. The long version of this landing gear provides more clearance for a TBS Discovery than the standard DJI arm does.

Weight: The standard DJI arm is 53g, our G10 arm with aluminum mount is 68g.

The arm is available here:
    http://www.getfpv.com/g10-dji-arm.html

And the hardware mounting kit is available here:
    http://www.getfpv.com/mounting-hardw...0-dji-arm.html

Here are some pictures

The G10 Arm

The Aluminum Mounting Hardware kit

The arm with aluminum mount

The arms on a TBS Discovery

A Lumenier FX 4006 mounted on one of these arms

On the battery connection side of the TBS frame does the alloy mount need modifying ?

These might make it to my DJI 550

Edit ,just read the product description about modifying the mount at the lipo connection
    Last edited by STI-REX; 2nd April 2014 at 06:49 PM.
    4 wheels moving body 2 wheels moving soul

Quote Originally Posted by STI-REX View Post
    On the battery connection side of the TBS frame does the alloy mount need modifying ?

These might make it to my DJI 550
    Yes. You'd need to take a dremel and cut out the section between the two bottom screws in the aluminum holder. We were debating to pre-fab that part, but it is so easy to do that I felt it was not needed.

Interesting. I don't have a Dremel...

Are these available in extended lengths?

I just read the product description. The weight you give does not include the landing foot, I assume. What is the total weight of the arm, mounting kit, with a comparable landing foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Shabadoo View Post
    Interesting. I don't have a Dremel...

Are these available in extended lengths?
    Currently these arms are only available in the same length of the standard DJI arm. We may make extended arms available in the future. Here is a picture that shows the mod you'd need to perform to fit the arm on the TBS Discovery -- this mod would only have to be done on one of the arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabadoo View Post
    I just read the product description. The weight you give does not include the landing foot, I assume. What is the total weight of the arm, mounting kit, with a comparable landing foot?
    The short Delrin Landing gear weighs 6g per leg and does not require any hardware. So total would be 68g + 6g = 74g

Quote Originally Posted by timnilson View Post
    The short Delrin Landing gear weighs 6g per leg and does not require any hardware. So total would be 68g + 6g = 74g
    I would be very interested in a replacement that was slightly longer than the original, so that a 10-5 blade didn't show up in videos. That way you would be offering something that no one else offered and solving a problem at the same time.

Also a requirement for me: the arm support is ready to install, not needing a Dremel treatment. Frankly if you can remove part of the support to accommodate the power cable, then they should all be removed to eliminate unneeded weight.

I like the look of these. I will watch for developments.
    TBS Discovery Pro, NAZA M v2 GPS, TBS 900Kv Motors, TBS Bulletproof 30A ESC, Graupner 9x5 and 10x5, Taranis + EzUHF Jr R/C, EzUHF Diversity Rx, NAZA mini iOSD, Fatshark Dominator V2 w/ 2G4 vRX module, TBS Unify 800mw vTX, IBC 2.4GHz Bluebeam antenna set, TBS69 Pilot Camera, GoPro Hero 3+ Black

+1 for longer arm

Navigator
    did you guys try sticking a battery into the Discovery? I installed the arms but my 4S 4000 and 3300 do not fit, the rear arm supports block the battery from being fully inserted into the quad. The Lypo's i use are the nano-tech's which are not that big but i guess if you fly 3S in your Disco then it should fit but who does that.......I'm fairly disappointed with this product so far, i did not mind cutting the support to fit over the battery wires but now i have to grind a bunch of metal so the batt can go all the way in and also one of the threaded holes was stripped on arrival......