www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EzOSD with Current Sensor Killing Video Range

Navigator

EzOSD with Current Sensor Killing Video Range

I have a hexacopter with Fatshark predator v2 5.8Ghz video system. Prior to installing the EzOSD with current sensor I was able to fly 1.44 km without video problems. After installing EzOSD and current sensor, the farthest I have managed to fly, in the exact same location as before, is 700 meters at which I completely lose video.

Are there known issues or procedures that I need to follow to prevent the EzOSD from interfering with my video?

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    This I must say is the first I have EVER heard of the current sensor killing video range and double so in the 5.8g range. I have heard many reports of it killing a UHF range but news to me killing video. But lets take a crack at it...

Got pics of the rig, Maybe your placement is in a bad spot blocking signal?
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Navigator
    Unfortunately, I have already removed it. Perhaps I can describe it. If you are familiar with the DJI F550...The OSD was on the top plate beside the battery. The current sensor was on the bottom plate beside the Naza. The vtx was mounted on the right side arm on the landing foot.

I had it set up as the manual suggests for the plug and play fatshark setup. I dougt that is going to be much help. I have heard that some of the current sensors have had problems, but noone ever mentioned video interference.

There's no such thing.
    Velvety smooth drone pilot for hire

Navigator
    No such thing as what?

Quote Originally Posted by darran View Post
    No such thing as what?
    The EzOSD does not put out anything on 5.8GHz, so the conclusion you reach is nonsense.

Navigator
    well, when it stops raining and the wind calms, now that I have removed it, we'll see if my video performance returns to what it was before installing the EzOSD. If it does, either a super wierd coincidence or you will have learned of a problem you were previously unaware of. Anyway, thanks for your input. Now I know ImmersionRC is not aware of any problems in this area.

There is no problem, the fact that you think there is is fine, you are entitled to your opinion. If you had a firmer grasp of RF and electronics you'd realize the absurdity of what you're claiming here, but I'm going to assume RF and electronics is not your field of expertise so please take my word for it that you're mistaken.

Antenna polarization, objects blocking either antenna, atmospheric conditions, a raised noise-floor, a connector not properly seated etc. etc. are all perfectly valid reasons for what you describe, pointing fingers at a device which does *not* transmit any RF on the 5.8GHz frequency band however is not. I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.

Navigator
    I also have a similar issue... The EZOSD is mounted on a Bixler. First the GPS unit was mounted near the IRC600mw Vtx. Image was fine on the ground but as soos as I'm in the air, I get a blank screen. So I moved the GPS unit to the tail & the Vtx to the nose. Got a little bit more distance but I still get a blank screen.

If I unplug the EZOSD & fly without it, I get lots of range... My VTx is fitted with Spironet's & I use a Deo5800V3 VRx.

Navigator

Jumped Ship

I hear you. Just don't let that asshole sander hear you. He thinks his products were made by him and God and that there is no way anything could ever go wrong with them. Since immersionRC has only this ass as a representative, and he has no desire to try to help people who experience problems with his products, I sold all my IRC equipment and bought something that works. If you find, like I did, that you are receiving only insults and no real helpful ideas, you may want to consider the same. I use skylark trace osd IV now and have had no problems with it, and even the altitude is correct, whereas the ezOSD always said I was at 165 meters. Good luck to you.