www.immersionrc.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EzOSD with Current Sensor Killing Video Range

Navigator
    Haha! Yes, I bought the EZOSD because I"m finnished struggling with cheap osd's that you need to modifi & flash & all sort of things. Thought I'm REALLY happy with all my other IRC stuff that I use on my multirotors & fpv planes & I read a lot of good about the EZOSD but I really struggle with this OSD (& I'm no noob) Managed to connect it to my Phone & Ipad & on the ground it works great but as soon as I put it in the air I loose image on my fpv goggles...

So, maybe it's interference I don't know, thats why I would like some advise from the Maker himself. Really don't want to walk your road but I do need a workable system... Whats your setup now, did you only change to Trace osd or did you buy the whole Skylark system?

Navigator
    The OSD is all I changed in my setup. I understand your position. I was really looking forward to using the ezOSD as well, and viewing telemetry on my ipad etc. but unfortunately it just did not work for me. I hope you are able to get some answers and get it working. It turns out the skylark works better for me since it provides 5/12 volts to VTX and camera and has a built-in current sensor, so it is smaller, which I need. I still get better video range with no OSD installed, but I really like knowing my maH consumed.

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Pretty bad for Darran, if you wanna sit on a forum and bash people by calling them names please take that to RCG. I can respect that Sander rubbed you the wrong way but the line of calling people names will not be tolerated. AND if you need help there are others here that can do that, as in myself being one and I have been on this support forum for at least a year so guess this is an old issue.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

@Henlo how is the orientation of your antenna on the plane? It would make sense that on the ground you get signal but then when your in the air you loose it due to the 5.8 NOT being able to go thru things like ESC's, Batteries, and pretty much anything except foam. Got a pic of the plane?

Navigator
    Thanks everyone, I have found my problem! :-) It wasn't with the OSD but with the Vtx. The black power plug-holder shifted outwards, so as soon as the wind pushed against the Vtx the power-plug disconnected. Slided it back in & tested it LOS & everything worked without a glitch! :-) Now to test some range!

@Henlo thanks for coming back and reporting the real problem. Glad you got it fixed.