Page 253 of 374 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 3737

Thread: NAZE32 for fixed wing.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleost View Post
    Hi, which cheap bec/voltage regulator do you guys recommend for powering naze32 and 5 small servos, GPS and a micro minimOSD on a fms easy trainer 1380?

And what is recommend power layout?
    Does this look good?
    Attachment 70399
    Those small servos pull more power than std size servosand the cheap ones pull stupid power, be very careful or you will need a 10A BEC to be safe

Unless it's quality half the BEC value and allow 1 amp per servo .5A for JR and Hi-tec, not measured the little Emax but I am impressed with them.
    I assume you will have a RX also the OSD's take .5A !! so 1A for that with the GPS then as above.
    With 5 servos you probably are using flaps you could run them and Rudder from the ESC BEC.

Forum Member
    Patrik,

Got out testing today, not nice 20+mph and freezing. RTH still has problems ??

I doubled checked RTH switch was setting Horizon with RTH (as your original instructions) I changed it to Angle + RTH (which i thought it was)

Not 100% sure due to conditions but I would feel confident saying RTH does not work UNLESS the TX is Left in Angle mode before RTH is switched and every time it turns straight for home....no way can I test turning off the TX in these conditions to check that part.

I really need your thoughts on this one as I can do everything except read through code and I have thoroughly tested this.

Forum Member
    I have been using these for a while: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-RC...cAAOSw7FRWXW9A

I have also standardized on the Emax 12g mg servos. They are $8 and center perfectly. I never saw amp readings that were out of line during ground testing with these servos.

Forum Member
    Gotta agree with you on the EMax servos. I use the metal gear ones but I don't pay that much for them.

Forum Member
    I just checked. I get them from StoneBlue Airlines for $7.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianm1972 View Post
    I have been using these for a while: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-RC...cAAOSw7FRWXW9A

I have also standardized on the Emax 12g mg servos. They are $8 and center perfectly. I never saw amp readings that were out of line during ground testing with these servos.
    Thank you, those looked ok to use, order myself a couple.

Think Im just going to use my ESC to power my servos, and that BEC to power all other equippment, so if suddenly some of the servos draws massive power then it will not cause the other equipment to brown out.
    Last edited by Oleost; 15th February 2016 at 05:18 AM.

Forum Member
    Hi all, many thanks PatrikE for this firmware, just want ask two little question.
    - Rudder is work for RTH function? Or I can use setup without rudder?
    - How connect wing servos for airplane (not flying wing)? I must use 2 ch or 1ch with Y cable?

Forum Member
    I don't think Rudder was a problem with RTH, I read something about V tail rudder fighting the Ailrons but that could have been something else or incorrectly setup V-Tail.

Has anyone else got RTH on FW 151122 working reliably, I am only talking about selecting it in flight NOT as a failsafe condition, seems some Guy called Shikra who sadly is not around had the same problem as me.

I believe what I see when I select RTH and Angle is I get launch mode...which obviously works as a RTH.

I don't know if Patrik has gone away for a few days but he has been quiet

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv View Post
    I don't think Rudder was a problem with RTH, I read something about V tail rudder fighting the Ailrons but that could have been something else or incorrectly setup V-Tail.

Has anyone else got RTH on FW 151122 working reliably, I am only talking about selecting it in flight NOT as a failsafe condition, seems some Guy called Shikra who sadly is not around had the same problem as me.

I believe what I see when I select RTH and Angle is I get launch mode...which obviously works as a RTH.

I don't know if Patrik has gone away for a few days but he has been quiet
    You can get away with using a Y connector on the Ailerons, assuming they are mounted correctly to move the flaps opposite of each other. Putting them on their own channel is best though. Easier to adjust, plus you can do stuff like flaperons.

I believe you can set how much rudder is used by the RTH through "set gps_rudder = 20", though PatrickE would have to confirm. One thing you have to do though, is "set i_yaw = 0". I missed that step for a while, and it would cause the rudder to fight the ailerons/elevator, resulting in your plane banking, but drifting to the side rather than actually turning.

"Launch mode" is just a side benefit of RTH. RTH will first fly up to altitude if you're not above the set altitude. I tend to test RTH when I'm above it already so I'm not waiting on the plane to hit altitude first.

I haven't updated my Bix3 to the latest just yet, but do plan to. I use my 3 pos switch through aux 2, to select pass through (Low), Horizon (mid), Angle + RTH (High). Arm is done by another switch on Aux 1. Only Issue I've run into is the plane disarming if it's jumping in and out of fail safe.

With any luck I'll get nice enough weather to try the lastest Dev.
    Last edited by Golluk; 16th February 2016 at 04:07 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Golluk View Post

"Launch mode" is just a side benefit of RTH. RTH will first fly up to altitude if you're not above the set altitude. I tend to test RTH when I'm above it already so I'm not waiting on the plane to hit altitude first.

I haven't updated my Bix3 to the latest just yet, but do plan to. I use my 3 pos switch through aux 2, to select pass through (Low), Horizon (mid), Angle + RTH (High). Arm is done by another switch on Aux 1. Only Issue I've run into is the plane disarming if it's jumping in and out of fail safe.

With any luck I'll get nice enough weather to try the lastest Dev.
    You raise an interesting point about RTH flying to altitude first but I just don't think anyone would intend that to be a random direction, it's not logical.

I remain convinced on the board I used RTH does not work which was also the case for a couple of others with that same firmware. I am going to try the latest release and if that does not work that Eizel version, just a shame no one has said it's worked for them, I suspect many don't set up RTH as a mode and just rely on the Failsafe.

Page 253 of 374 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast