Page 325 of 374 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3737

Thread: NAZE32 for fixed wing.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFollies View Post

The FC will overcome a badly balanced plane (to a point). It will compensate to make it fly straight.
    Fun fact - during my Caliber FPV maiden I accidentally chose the wrong reference point for the CG. My CG ended up being a full 1"+ off. I should have known something was wrong when I flipped it into Passthrough mode and it nosed up and winged over.

The fact that the flight controller was able to stabilize that badly balanced of a plane was nothing short of amazing.

I've since fixed that issue and now she'll take off right out of my hands.
    "Level grinding in FPV is the worst" - ziggy3935
    "You smell different when you're awake." - WillM
    "stick your gear in me!". - slowjett

NE FPV^ Pilot MAP
    YouTube Channel

Navigator
    Hello Everyone...
    Well.. after some testing I can report a couple of things using the Testing Firmware (160622)..
    Patrick... I was tired trying with the Current monitor, so, I decided to activate softserial, and use the SoftSerial 1 to send telemetry to the receiver and back to taranis (D4R-II). Wasn´t necesary to weld any pin. Just activate softserial, telemetry and change the port of telemetry. Its usefull to have the GPS Cord. in the telemetry as it saves the last position before losing signal.
    By the way... At the begining I didnt found the softserial option in baseflight, so was activating it by CLI... After a while, realized that in Baseflight, the check for softserial is the option to activate 3rd serial.
    What I did was activate the virtual amp in the osd, and calibrate it near the amp consumption of an external ampmeter. Just for reference. Voltage is enough to monitor battery status.

After a couple of flying with a lot of wings, tried some function.
    Put the plane is Passthrought, trimmed it, and after landing, putted it upside down and hit calibrate Gyros.. It perfectly transfered the trimming to the center point of servos. I did it on ailerons and checked it on baseflight. So, this funtionality was perfect.

The safety of killing the motor in RTH inside 10 meters (not by failsafe, just by stick) was perfect, BUT, if I select Position Hold, it didn't kill the motor. It just activate as if not safety were there.
    I was flying with a lot of wind for a mini skywalker, but the AP was perfect. Just taked down a little bit the PIDs and that was it.
    The acc trimming also work perfectly...

One thing that happened to me was that for a moment the Failsafe Kick-in perfectly and begin the RTH, but I didnt realize in that moment that when it receive signal again, the RTH didnt deactivate, and I didnt looked the status in the OSD, so I was fighting with the RTH thinking that was in Stabilized mode... After a minute, I realized and just change the mode from one to another and the RTH deactivate... Just sharing this one because maybe it happend to someone, jejjeje

About the internal BEC of the Flip32 AIO+, it was near 5 volts, BUT I didnt found any place to take the voltage safety, and not from those tiny cables for the servos. So I used one of the distribution boards that have BEC and filters for 5V and 12V (2Amps), and make an small sandwich.

The option that is in the Airplane tab, for apply elevator with roll always reset to "0" after saving. Didnt tried it by CLI, just by the GUI.
    The OSD is working perfectly... RSSI from FC, Voltage from FC, the Artificial Horizon have only an small lag, but is not bad. I will try later to put the speed on the OSD code to HIGH, but I think in MID, as is now, is perfect.

In failsafe the beeper activate, but just a beep every second or so... not the beeper like when activating it by stick. Not sure if selecting it on the failsafe of the receiver will work as the AP is getting on general failsafe by the throttle.

There are a couple of more thing to share... but I think this newspaper is toooo long... jejejeje.
    Hope sharing this with all of you will help, and anything I can do to help, I will try... This week I was in vacation so tried the AP a lot... ejjeje.

Again, thanks everyone,
    CarlosLeq

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
    Fun fact - during my Caliber FPV maiden I accidentally chose the wrong reference point for the CG. My CG ended up being a full 1"+ off. I should have known something was wrong when I flipped it into Passthrough mode and it nosed up and winged over.

The fact that the flight controller was able to stabilize that badly balanced of a plane was nothing short of amazing.

I've since fixed that issue and now she'll take off right out of my hands.

I have a plane that on the build table that I know will be a PITA to balance. The balance window is narrow and it's a hand launch plane.
    Unless I tee up the maiden with someone who can throw it for me it will be hairy (that's a problem because I don't know too many people who are used to hand launching).

Was going to build a trolly for the maiden, but now I'm keen to just stick a Naze32 in it and do the first launch in stabilised mode.

RTH/Launch mode of Naze32 helps in such cases a lot - try it. Just make sure plane behaves properly when you roll/pitch plane in hands. But be ready to control it if autopilot will do some wrong things. Mine did not keep it level and plane was slowly pitching down without pilots input. Did nit manage to fix it before I lost it.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by oleg_t View Post
    RTH/Launch mode of Naze32 helps in such cases a lot - try it. Just make sure plane behaves properly when you roll/pitch plane in hands. But be ready to control it if autopilot will do some wrong things. Mine did not keep it level and plane was slowly pitching down without pilots input. Did nit manage to fix it before I lost it.
    try changing the P in the PID; give it more.
    And also, maybe, increase the max angle allowed by the AP....

Hi,

I'm working on a second Z-84 flying wing now. I will be using a mini Afro Naze32 rev3 instead of the standard Naze32 as I have in my first wing, which is flying excellent by the way!! I have just about everything setup and configured but one problem has got me stumped. I can not get the buzzer to work on the mini Naze32 rev3. I have read, that a few have had the same problem with the rev3 mini Naze32. Is there a way to get the buzzer working with your firmware PatrikE? Thank you for your work!

Ken
    Feet on the ground... Head in the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyprmtr View Post
    Hi,

I'm working on a second Z-84 flying wing now. I will be using a mini Afro Naze32 rev3 instead of the standard Naze32 as I have in my first wing, which is flying excellent by the way!! I have just about everything setup and configured but one problem has got me stumped. I can not get the buzzer to work on the mini Naze32 rev3. I have read, that a few have had the same problem with the rev3 mini Naze32. Is there a way to get the buzzer working with your firmware PatrikE? Thank you for your work!

Ken
    I got 3pcs Afromini rev3, 2 of their buzzers doesn't work and one can be powered only from 3v pins. A bit dodgy batch...
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Navigator
    Patrick..
    Did you like the Flip32 AIO Board?
    Did the current meter at the end get working?
    I decided to use the virtual and is really similar to the charger numbers. And using telemetry to taranis, but I was asking to know if there is any solution to future uses..

By the way, I have like 5 friends building small FPV planes like mini skywalker and X1... and selling the idea to use your firmware..

Navigator
    I've only tested on low current so far.
    But it seems to work when you get the settings right.
    I will not trust it to power servos and reciever though.
    I will use separate Bec for that.
    That's something I would do anyway on any setup!..
    Otherwise I think it's a nice Fc.

One note about virtual sensors.
    They use throttle position and don't work that good in Gps modes.
    Last edited by PatrikE; 11th July 2016 at 05:07 PM.
    Setup Instructions
    || Baseflight Airplane ||

|| MWii Airplane setup ||
    || MWii Airplane RTH ||

Latest Stable Dev versions for Fixed Wing RTH
    || Baseflight_FW_160414 ||

Latest Test versions for Fixed Wing RTH
    || Baseflight_FW_160622.rar ||
    || Alternative download ||

Navigator
    Is the flip32 aio the same as the eachine skyline32?

http://www.banggood.com/Emax-Skyline...p-1045083.html

Page 325 of 374 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast