Page 318 of 374 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3737

Thread: NAZE32 for fixed wing.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrikE View Post
    That's exactly how it is!.
    Reasons are.
    #1 Safety.
    If you have the plane Armed before launch and switch the TX off!
    The Motor will be disarmed instead of FS return with full throttle.

It will disarm and start circle until it touch down in a real FS situation.
    Instead of circling until the battery run flat.
    Patrik,

I'm quoting an old post but I just wanted to confirm - if for whatever reason my receiver lost power and triggered a flight controller fail safe, would that be enough to cause the flight controller to disarm and initiate an auto land?

I had that happen yesterday - I had fail safe blips out and on the third fail safe the flight controller disarmed and it initiated an auto land - and yes I got video!!!! was the slickest landing I've seen
    "Level grinding in FPV is the worst" - ziggy3935
    "You smell different when you're awake." - WillM
    "stick your gear in me!". - slowjett

NE FPV^ Pilot MAP
    YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MrFollies View Post
    With 20 sats pretty much constantly that looks great. Unfortunately I seem to only be able to manage 6-7 reliably. Good enough for position but it seems altitude is always a little off.
    I'm using a fairly generic ublox GPS receiver.

Wondering what others are using and if there's a nice lightweight unit out there that performs well?
    I've been using the old crius gps units but I'm slowly moving all my stuff over to the M8N chip platforms. This little gem I picked up from RTFQ for $16 and I have working on a 180mm brain fpv powered quad

http://www.readytoflyquads.com/micro...n-gps-w-18x18x

I have some nano gps units coming to me on the slow boat that I'll be testing as well

NE FPV^ Pilot MAP
    YouTube Channel

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
    Patrik,

I'm quoting an old post but I just wanted to confirm - if for whatever reason my receiver lost power and triggered a flight controller fail safe, would that be enough to cause the flight controller to disarm and initiate an auto land?

I had that happen yesterday - I had fail safe blips out and on the third fail safe the flight controller disarmed and it initiated an auto land - and yes I got video!!!! was the slickest landing I've seen
    Yes that is still the intention.
    If the FC detects failsafe by lost PPM/PWN in.
    FC initiates a Climbout.
    If the Plane is within 10m from home it will instead Disarm and circle down for a "landing".

Not bad to make a Auto landing controlled from Sweden!..

The 10m zone is also there to protect your vital body parts from a climbout sequence and disarm Directly.

I've just Updated the test version in the signature Now dated 160622.
    RTH is Mode fully auto.
    The throttle stick will be Ignored if the Plane is flying!!

Summary of this is
    The FC is ARMED.
    Distance to home is > 10m and speed is > 1 m/s = ~4km/h.
    The throttle will also be automated now if you pull the PANIC switch in flight.
    Setup Instructions
    || Baseflight Airplane ||

|| MWii Airplane setup ||
    || MWii Airplane RTH ||

Latest Stable Dev versions for Fixed Wing RTH
    || Baseflight_FW_160414 ||

Latest Test versions for Fixed Wing RTH
    || Baseflight_FW_160622.rar ||
    || Alternative download ||

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by shikra View Post
    To date I have found these the best performing....
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ublox-NEO-...sAAOSw9ZdXKm7F

But it may be you have RF interference for something on board. Separate GPS as far from electronic as possible.
    Also 2.4rx with onboard telemetry = a transmitter too! On my test flyer I struggled to maintain sats until I swapped out the RX for a non telemetry one.

This is the line you want to enable BARO data to be used for altitude on OSD... Note that there is also a GPS altitute than can be enabled so you can see both!
    //#define USEBAROALTITUDE // Undefine this if you have a BARO to use BARO for FW altitude instead of GPS (requires controller with BARO sensor)
    I've been using uBlox Neo-6m modules. Might grab one of these and give it a go.
    Probably wasn't the noise floor... No transmitters on the plan (frsky rx is a FAAST one, not ACCST).

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrikE View Post
    I have flown with a older NMEA and Ubx modules and 6-8 sats is enough for altitude.
    It seems like moving gives better resolution than if it's stationary.
    Yeah I was finding that my RTH altitude wasn't as high as it should have been. But I went out again today and it seemed much better. Perhaps it was able to grab more sats. I know it locked on quicker.

Seems nice and stable now. Made a short video to show a mate. Camera phone went out of focus, but auto launch/land works a treat:
    https://youtu.be/nHbBMcWPg5Y

With failsafe cutoff it wont disarm the motor unless it's right over the home pos (10m I know)...
    Last edited by MrFollies; 23rd June 2016 at 01:43 AM.

Navigator
    Hello gentleman. I am in need of assistance. I have been a lurker on this thread for about a year but never actually completed my setup. I was originally trying to use a afromini to get this together but unfortunately I de-soldered the rx pad off of the board. First questions.

1. Is there another way to attach the gps and osd or am I stuck with either or?
    2. Is the mini a better option for this or is just personal preference? I rarely use my miniquad so it can donate its board if necessary

Second Group:

1. I haven't used my multirotors in about a year so Im a little rusty on setting things up. On my cyclops osd/flight controller you fly, trim, land and reset your trims on the flight controller and remove the trims from the radio. How is this done with the naze32? Ive seen posts where you turn the plane upside down, move sticks to certain angles and reset stick trims. I saw another post mentioning a similar way to the cyclops but just setting the trims in baseflight. Can someone let me know how to set your trims to fly level with the naze?

2. I checked out the setup directions from PartickE website and Im stuck at the rth portion. Do you still need to add the changes in the CLI or is it all done in baseflight gui now? Some of the changes I see are shown in the gui but I want to be sure.

Sorry for the rambling and basic questions. Ive attempted to read and search the thread for answers but dont find what Im looking for or find conflicting info.

Thanks for any help you could give.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160623_151219.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	258.5 KB 
ID:	73297
    Last edited by ellou79; 23rd June 2016 at 06:41 PM.

1) The RX pad is lifted but the trace is still intact. Grab a magnifying glass and the hobbyknife of your choice and scrape back the enamel about a 1mm's worth. That will give you enough of a copper trace to tin and subsequently solder a wire to. Just remember to hot glue the wire once you're done soldering or it will lift the track off the board at some point.

2) Personal preference. The afro mini takes a few extra steps to work with for instance needing an FTDI cable rather than just being able to plug it in via USB, but if space is a concern - you can't beat the mini for the form factor. I use Naze32 acros because that's what I have laying around and they haven't failed me

2.1) Naze32 Calibration is as simple as laying the board on a flat surface, connecting in via the configurator, and clicking the "Calibrate Accelerometer" button on the first tab - and that's it...There's no nonsense with trims or magnetometer dances since this is a simple rate mode board.

2.2) I don't recall doing any changes in the CLI except for custom stuff I wanted. I think the GUI had eventually been updated to cover these CLI commands:

mixer AIRPLANE, FLYING_WING or CUSTOMPLANE
    feature GPS
    feature FAILSAFE
    feature FW_FAILSAFE_RTH
    feature MOTOR_STOP
    set maxthrottle =2000

You will also want to verify that these defaults are set by dumping your config (type "dump") and scanning for these settings, most of which are also in the GUI.

fw_gps_maxcorr = 20 // Max Roll input from GPS (For Flying wings set to >=35)
    fw_gps_maxclimb = 15 // Max Climb input
    fw_gps_maxdive = 15 // Max Dive input
    fw_gps_rudder = 15 // Max Rudder input if rudder is available

fw_climb_throttle = 1900 // Limits Throttle during climbs
    fw_cruise_throttle = 1500 // Suitable average throttle
    fw_idle_throttle = 1300 // Lowest throttle during Descending

fw_roll_comp = 100 // How much Elevator compensates Roll in GPS modes
    fw_rth_alt = 50 // Min Altitude to keep during RTH. (Max 200m)

small_angle = 180 // Will allow the Plane to be Armed in any position.

Don't ever hesitate to ask questions, this is hard enough without you having to stumble around in the dark groping for answers. That's what we're here for.

Cheers!

NE FPV^ Pilot MAP
    YouTube Channel

Navigator
    Thanks Mochaboy. I learned how to setup the naze for my quads from your video.

By trims I meant for adjusting for level flight in horizon mode and rth. I never get it perfect with the board calibration so it usually needs a few clicks on pitch and roll to fly level.

Quote Originally Posted by ellou79 View Post
    Thanks Mochaboy. I learned how to setup the naze for my quads from your video.

By trims I meant for adjusting for level flight in horizon mode and rth. I never get it perfect with the board calibration so it usually needs a few clicks on pitch and roll to fly level.
    I imagine you can do accelerometer offsets in the CLI, but let me suggest a different approach that won't make you tear your hair out in the process, or involve multiple plugs and unpluggings of a usb cable.

On a level surface, with the plane disarmed but turned on,

1) right stick down, left stick down and to the left, watch for an led to blink to verify the calibration - that calibrates the gyro
    2) right stick down, left stick up and to the left, wait and watch for the led to blink to verify accel calibration is done - I think it takes 30 seconds - that calibrates the accelerometer

Fly and note the flight characteristics (needs up trim needs left trim etc...)

Land
    Recalibrate the accelerometer this time tilting the bird ever so slightly. It's almost impossible to get it perfectly level, but you can get it pretty close. Mind you also that there could be build variances or defects that are causing the flight tendencies you're seeing, so it's not altogether impossible that although you have a level board, that the plane will fly level. For what it's worth, the exact same thing you mentioned happens to me, but I just give it a couple of clicks of trim and forget about it.

NE FPV^ Pilot MAP
    YouTube Channel

Navigator
    In MW there was a simple way to "trim" level with disarmed model, do full throttle and trim using full roll/pitch stick. Does it still works?

Page 318 of 374 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast