VideoAerialSystems

Page 2 of 270 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Specter V2/V3 -Best basher FPV plane yet

Thanks man and no problem

Yeah we had a pretty good time yesterday. Jeff crashed his SW though, only made it about 100 feet before he had too much interference on 900 to fly. Should go back together easily though.

I had a minor problem with my ESC:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010103.jpg 
Views:	1515 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	5259

Repaired w/ some GG and water:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020104.jpg 
Views:	1375 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	5258

This was the ESC that was stuck in my Floater Jet for a week on the cliff. I also got it wet with snow a couple times. Ian hooked me up with another one tho so it's repaired and ready to fly again! The servo wires look to be all ok as well, didn't even melt through the insulation.

He also hooked me up with a 1.3ghz vtx/rx so I'm in the process of strippin down the Lotek50. Then I'll smooth it, reshape it, and laminate it. I also got a Hacker motor for it so I can run a 9 or 10 inch prop and be really efficient.

Navigator
    How much did you taper the wing (what's the foil thickness on tips?)
    Did you adjust the angle of attack, or is the fuselage "just velcroed" to wings?

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar
    Nice repair job. Mipi, from the pics it looks to me like the AOA is just parallel to the fuselage, but I'd like to know if that's not the case too.

VJ, With the kind of flying you have been doing on 5.8g, can't wait to see some vids from 1.3g! Now you just need a better rc link Any idea what was causing the glitching in the battery drop vid? Just end of the range on 72mhz?
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    The angle of the fuselage is completely irrelevant since it doesn't control the plane. It's the tail incidence that matters. The tail should be angled with the back upward very slightly. Perfectly flat is ok since you can just add trim to it, though.

The fuselage is just velcroed to the wings and then straps are run around it. This make the plane break apart in the event of a crash and keeps the plane from excessive damage.

The wing taper is mentioned above. The tips are in fact ahead of the root

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

The velcro + straps surprised me with their strength. The connection is solid.

Haha yeah it should be awesome, I really want to fly in the mountains more. Now that I have the Specter I'm not afraid of losing the big wing so much. Yep, end of 72mhz range. Out in the boonies I get around 2.5 miles without glitches. My antenna mounting is less than optimum though, with a bend in the middle. I also want to experiment with a longer antenna. Pretty cool that I can outfly 72 on my 5.8ghz set-up though

Navigator
    Man, I like the look of that rig. Looks like a blast. I really need to make myself a hotwire cutter one of these days.

could quit if I wanted to volto's Avatar
    Alex and I will be selling CNC cut kits for them hopefully by the end of next month.
    Don't steal, the government hates competition.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by volto View Post
    Alex and I will be selling CNC cut kits for them hopefully by the end of next month.
    Great, might get you to put me down for one...what are you expecting ballpark figure?

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Jerrod and I are still hashing out the details on this. We were thinking about selling planes built up and ready to go complete with camera and VTX. We also need to figure out how to make the plane more aesthetically pleasing. In its current form, it's a bit ugly. It needs some work to clean up the lines.

We're getting the technical details worked out. The last thing we'll figure on is price. We already talked about a sub $500 figure for the RTFPV version.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Banned
    Awesome flight VJ!