Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About us

Shedding light over FPV HugeOne's Avatar

About us

Welcome to TrueRC Canada's section of FPV lab!

TrueRC is a business started in 2002 by Daniel Naumowicz in Chicago, they principally sell lipo battery and RC acc. Their main focus always been honest rating of their batteries by careful testing off all manufacturer's offering. Many vendors claim 65 or even 100C discharge rate because they know nobody will get to that point (65C mean sub minute flight). Test them with the proper equipments and you'll hand a fire extinguisher at 40C. I started the Canadian branch in 2006 making custom batteries to supply a market where 10-12S 8000mAh packs are rare. I then started FPV, having a good background in electronics, I had good success with my first planes. I added the Thomas Scherrer LRS to my shop in a first step toward making it a FPV shop.

The CP antennas rage came with pionners such as OMM, devonboy and of course IBCrazy. I started building SPW and testing them on an analyzer, I knew the SPW could be optimized as it is a design of the 60s. I worked hard with computer simulations to refine the SPW as much as I could, I finally abandonned and started from scratch. This is when I designed the "virevent" (french word for pin-wheel) a high axial ratio omni. The "turbine" followed, the added lobes where to "even out" the circularity for even higher axial ratio. It is still the highest axial ratio omni out there. Friends pushed me to market my antennas, I setup to build them in batch and added them to my website. I also made tutorials for them, so DIYer like me can make their own. Me and IBCrazy exchanged a few mails/phone calls and we decided to work together for new antennas developpment. At last, peoples of FPVlab where kind enough to open me this place for me to offert support for my antennas or any other aspect of FPV. I must say it feel great to be involved in such a great hobby.

-Hugo

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Welcome to the board, Hugo. It's good to see that you have made it over here to the lab. I'm sure you and I will continue to innovate together and keep pushing technology to the limit.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

Lovin' my helical man!

Thx guys,

Alex, yes we have still a lot of work ahead together, the limits are far from reached.
    Good times for FPV is coming

Navigator
    Hey,

Just ordered a 5.8 set from your webby to the uk, will see how much customs hammers me then order a 1,2 set!

Wishing you a great 2012 and mucho antenna development!!

Jim.

Thx Jim,

Shipped your package today, hope you like it

-Hugo

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeOne View Post
    Thx Jim,

Shipped your package today, hope you like it

-Hugo
    I'm sure me and my quad will be very happy!

Cheers

Jim.

Navigator
    Hugo,

My order arrived this morning with the postman!! All Intact and not squashed, and only took 9 days!! Will test later today.

Many thanks

Jim.

I noticed Hugo's store from a link that Alex had put up on his site, while he is off on hiatus. It's great to have another Canadian store to add to my bookmarks.

While I'm here and hoping you notice this post Hugo. Would you check your store's email Hugo. I have need of some antenna and miscellaneous parts help, please. I'm hoping that you could assist in bailing me out since Alex's extended holiday. I hope that you haven't also disappeared with him on research/development work.

Regards
    Terry
    Last edited by Canadian Flyer; 8th February 2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: addition

Would you check your store's email Hugo. I have need of some antenna and miscellaneous parts help, please.
    I responded to your mail yesterday, you don't have it? LMK

-Hugo