Thread: Bullshit UPS fee

Bullshit UPS fee

First of all I want to say I have had a great experience from everyone at TBS. I just received my package I ordered Sunday night. 4 days from China to Georgia. My problem is that The ups driver made my wife write out a check to "brokerage" for $50. I am putting a stop payment on it tonight. I did not have this happen when I ordered my Discovery Pro Two months ago and that package was larger than the one I just received. Sounds like some kind of scam to me. Just be warned you may have to pay a "Package Hostage Fee" like I did.

Jim

Yah, have a read here... Not a scam, its based on # of items
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....pping-Fees-UPS
    Live Slow - Fly FAST!

FPV does NOT fly ASAP.

Navigator
    Got a Disco Pro shipping to GA too. Hope I'm not gonna get the same reaming.

i don't think it has to do with number of items i think it has to do with the value if you value is under 50$ there will not be any fees because its a low value package and they don't have to run it through customs at least in spain thats how it is any thing over 50$ will need customs approval and that convert into ups having to do the paper work for you and the found out the best way to up their way of making money im not happy any more with this shit never had a problem and now im constantly hit with these absurd fees I've had enough

customs clearance fee should be arund 11 USD (7 EUR) which I think is reasonable for them to clear the package. please provide feedback on the number of items on the invoice and the fee, as well as the customs / taxes that are charged.

Trappy,

39.69 was the fee I had to pay to "Brokerage" My invoice had 12 line items on it. Total bill was $881.70 which included shipping fees of $40.50. No taxes were charged on the invoice. I was just surprised when my wife told me it was pay or they would take the package she felt like it was a scam because she knew I was excited about it and if they took it back I would be upset.

Side note I fried my top plate on the video pad by the VTX plug. How do I order a replacement top plate for the Discovery Pro?

Trappy thanks for your personal attention to this post. I'm not asking you to reimburse it. I run a car dealership and this shows me your level of commitment to customer service. THANKS!

Jim

seems like the ****ing line fee again. i am really raging over this. i dont have the time at the moment to change the system, we are shipping the whole day and night so I cant make changes until sunday.

sorry to hear about the top plate. open up a support ticket to get it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    customs clearance fee should be arund 11 USD (7 EUR) which I think is reasonable for them to clear the package. please provide feedback on the number of items on the invoice and the fee, as well as the customs / taxes that are charged.
    e
    Trappy don't get me wrong here i have no problem at all to pay CUSTOM Fess thats the way our beloved government makes tons of money and the morons in customs but hey, the problem i have with UPS BROKERAGE FEES if i order 1 go pro link board 19.95 if im not wrong plus shipping to spain 45 $ more or less that makes a total of 64.95 $ im going to have to pay 21 % of import tax plus customs fee bla bla bla at the most thats 10 euros using normal post now comes the fun part, ups charges you the 10 euros plus a ****ing fee thats worth most of the times more than taxes and vat and that fee im not happy with and i guess any one with 2 fingers off forehead can say the same

Navigator