Page 3 of 633 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: New Fat Shark Products for 2014

Just saw this new thread for 2014 and love the new NexWave 5G8 Multi-Band Receiver module! Terrific to see the channels. This will position the new Doms even better in the market and make them even more so all-in-one ground stations.

I'm actually very seriously contemplating getting of my diversity setup once I see how the new module performs.

Navigator
    Silly me, buying the old dominator rx modules in preparation for the dom HDs! Should have waited

Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    - DJI is about to release the Lightbridge digital HD link. This was unforeseen during development and may affect release as compatibility needs to be verified. Really can't release an HD product without confirming it works with a the 1st affordable HD link.
    Any idea whether this will affect the planned release month (April)? (i.e., how long will it take to determine compatibility with Lightbridge)? I personally don't plan to use Lightbridge but understand why it would be ideal to determine compatibility for those that want it.

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sc02492 View Post
    Any idea whether this will affect the planned release month (April)? (i.e., how long will it take to determine compatibility with Lightbridge)? I personally don't plan to use Lightbridge but understand why it would be ideal to determine compatibility for those that want it.
    Not sure at this point as I was exepecting to have samples of it by now and I've not heard anything more on the release of the Lightbridge. Has anybody heard any news of it being released to retailers yet?
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Navigator
    FatShark, as a manufacturer, it shall be pretty easy for you to contact Dji and talk to them directly. I'm sure they will know who you are
    Saying that, how many of us will be shelling out $1.5K for the video link? A few will, for sure, but is it really worth considering?
    HD video streaming is only starting, soon the market will be flooded with various solutions. On a Russian Rc forum, a guy demonstrated his custom built HD videolink, which over-performed DJi's unit latency.

Instructor Pilot
    Is it a hardware issue Greg ?
    If the question about Lightbridge support is a codec thing then I understood the firmware can be updated via the microSD anyway ?

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    It's not a codec thing , thats only for the DVR to record.
    It's just that the lightbridge should conform to the HDMI protocols., untill its checked out , no one knows yet.
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daggad View Post
    Is it a hardware issue Greg ?
    If the question about Lightbridge support is a codec thing then I understood the firmware can be updated via the microSD anyway ?
    DVR software can be upgraded through the microSD, the HDMI and LCD driver cannot. Because the Lightbridge connected to an HD camera will be 16:9 I would like to be sure it plays nice with the 4:3 SVGA display.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

Instructor Pilot
    Aha I see, makes perfect sense.

Instructor Pilot
    Surely it shouldn't be any different to any other 16:9 source?

Simply connect a 16:9 source through the HMDI and see if there are any issues with the display? I would be sad to see the DomHDs delayed waiting for a DJI product lol.

btw getfpv says expected date for light bridge is 03/28/14
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 12th March 2014 at 07:29 AM.