SurveilZone.com

Page 4 of 104 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony CCD Effio-V 800TVL Ultra WDR Camera 2.8mm Lens with OSD

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser13 View Post
    I have tried to use this camera with NAZA GPS and Cyclops autopilot. In both cases a noise from camera suppress GPS signal. Distance between camera and GPS antenna up to 80 cm. Tried to wrap with grounded metal foil- no result. Power and signal cabel isolates with ferrite ring.
    Have any idea?
    Dear Sir
    Sorry for the trouble, please send email to info@surveilzone.com
    We will let our engineers check the problems

Best Regards
    SurveilZone

Navigator
    Great color of 800tvl Sony Effio-V WDR camera( with IR block filter) at Surveilzone.com. SKU CC1526:

Instructor Pilot
    I will test mine shortly. Putting it on a Blackout mini H quad.
    Did a quick test by only twisting the cables from the IRC 5.8 600mw to the ones from the camera and checking on my Dominators and it looked quite promising.

(BTW I also of course did the regular mistake as I do on all new cameras: Getting no picture when connecting the cables. Only some dark disturbance. Checking cables..checking channels, changing battery...removing lens cap. Problem solved ! )

He he, we all been there with the caps...
    I have mine on the way, so will be interested to hear what you think of it
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by daggad View Post
    I will test mine shortly. Putting it on a Blackout mini H quad.
    Did a quick test by only twisting the cables from the IRC 5.8 600mw to the ones from the camera and checking on my Dominators and it looked quite promising.

(BTW I also of course did the regular mistake as I do on all new cameras: Getting no picture when connecting the cables. Only some dark disturbance. Checking cables..checking channels, changing battery...removing lens cap. Problem solved ! )
    Let us know how it works on the Black out Mini H. I just heard about this new 800tvl camera from RCGroups Mini H thread, so I bought it. I also have the 600tvl one coming so I'm interested to see how they compare.

Navigator
    Hi, I purchased this camera and appear to have an issue:

http://www.surveilzone.com/dc5v-sony...s-audio-hs1173

all I see is gray on the screen along with my DJI OSD (photo attached. yes, I removed the lens cover). I am powering the camera through my ImmersionRC 5.8ghz vtx, which I believe provides 5V output. camera specs on the website say this particular model operates from 5-15V. when I switch back to my old CCD camera everything works fine. also, none of the buttons on the built in camera OSD seem to respond. my old camera did not have built in OSD and required a cable, so I never used the camera OSD and have no experience to compare to, but I would think pressing the Menu button would activate the OSD.

any help is appreciated! thx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo(1).JPG 
Views:	295 
Size:	266.8 KB 
ID:	45992  

Instructor Pilot
    Have you tried to power it with 2S or 3S battery to see if that does any good ?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by daggad View Post
    Have you tried to power it with 2S or 3S battery to see if that does any good ?
    I thought about that, but I don't think I have an easy way of testing that without modifying my setup. one of the reasons I bought this particular camera was because I could easily swap it out with my old camera with zero changes to my setup.

quote from post #27 of this thread, advertising it as DC 5-15V:
    Quote Originally Posted by SurveilZone View Post
    30x30mm Sony 960H CCD Effio-V 800TVL WDR FPV Mini Camera 2.8mm Lens Audio support DC5V~15V, you may need it
    http://www.surveilzone.com/dc5v-sony...s-audio-hs1173
    my old camera from RMRC is rated at DC 5-15V and worked just fine powered directly from my vtx. I think I would need to purchase a step-up regulator like this to make it operate at 12V http://www.immersionrc.com/product-d...2012v%20Stepup

I messaged Angie who was very responsive, and emailed her my question at her request, which she is forwarding to their engineering team. I will wait and see how they respond. I will report back here once I have an answer as to not waste anyone's time.

thank you for the suggestion and I appreciate yours and anyone else's input!
    Last edited by flying toaster; 10th May 2014 at 04:05 PM.

Instructor Pilot
    Yes those step-up regulators are great. I use them on most of my IRC transmitters as the majority of my cameras as 12v. I used it for this 800TVL Effio-V as well as I thought it needed 12V..

Navigator
    What is the 4 pin connector on the back of the camera for? Is it a 4 pin Video/Power/Grd connection?

Thanks

ch1