Click Here To Visit REALFpv!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ads 465q official extended arm video thread

Quote Originally Posted by chatch View Post
    What props are you guys using? The main reason 400Q was designed for 8" props is because all 9" props I can find are terrible quality.
    I use 9" HQprop and I'm enjoying it, it's not terrible quality... SS980kv + 9"HQprop are pretty good IMO. My last vid using this setup:

If you had sold a few extended arms, soon or later we will see some ADS465q acro videos using 9" props

My actual quad uses Wood Arms and is fu***cking painful to fix/change these arms every time I crash... It's just tooooo much work.. I intend to buy ADS465 frame because it's "crash proof", but I just want to make sure how it flies first watching some vids.
    youtube.com/brunok222

Bruno, I can tell you this frame flies very well. I really like it. I agree with these guys that my jello is due to the cheap way I have my cam set up. I have a Gopro 2 now to try out but its been raining and windy today. I also smashed some lead plates together to simulate the weight of a GoPro and try with the Mobius also. I will report back with my results. chatch makes good stuff and anyone who has contributed to the FPV community as he has is a good guy in my book

chatch, I don't plan on using this servo gimbal at all, just used it to see if the weight helped. The jello was still there during hover. I could only get a GoPro 2 to try but also weighed out some lead to try with the Mobius too.
    Quote Originally Posted by chatch View Post
    My goal is to help you eliminate the jello however you use the frame. I will post some tips later tonight. The biggest tip i can give is to not be afraid of a few grams of added weight - adding smashed lead weights in key locations helps to eliminate all vibrations from resonating throughout the frame. It is not needed in standard scenarios(non-gimbal hero3 for example) but for a servo-driven mobius gimbal it can be complicated, as there are many more variables introduced into the system.

The jello you see could just be from wind in forward flight. Is it still present in a stationary hover?

Here is a video with the GoPro2. Much improved. Thanks for all your guys input. Thanks chatch for an awesome frame! Now I just need to do some minor PID tuning, change out these Gemfans and I'm set

there ya go airwolf ,that wasnt bad .thats very similar results i get with my gaui arms . i fly line of sight ,but gonna try some fpv again come spring .why were your props in view?
    i crashed my quad oh my god!!

Quote Originally Posted by helizrnew2me View Post
    there ya go airwolf ,that wasnt bad .thats very similar results i get with my gaui arms . i fly line of sight ,but gonna try some fpv again come spring .why were your props in view?
    If he was using 9" props with the Hero2 on Wide its going to happen. Happens with me too. I switched to Medium on my Hero 2 and its much better plus you minimize that fisheye effect.
    -Chris
    www.youtube.com/user/criccio

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    If it all ends badly this time, I'm quitting FPV and RC and taking up golf.

hhmmmm i shoot wide on my gaui arm frame with 8inch props (which i would think are much closer to the cam then 9`s are on extended arms) and no props in view .
    hey schugabe ,

you using 9`s?you have extended arms right?no props in his video ,gotta get more info from him .

I have the extended arms and currently use 8'' props. When flying with the setting 1080p/wide on the gopro 2 props are in the view. With the setting medium no props are visible.

have you ever tried 9 inch props?if so what were your findings?

I did not try the 9 inch props I ordered... the quad hovers @40% throttle so I had no reason to use the 9'' prop.