www.immersionrc.com

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: EZUHF JR module, poor range issue

Thanks, I'll do it and report back. Just want to say I'm not trying to say anything is wrong with your product, I actually hope it's my fault cause I think the module is clean and pretty slick.

No problem, post some spectrum scans with the TBS Disco all up and running but with the EzUHF Tx and the radio turned off, if you need help with generating the scans let us know and we'll get you sorted.
    Purveyor of the FPV secret sauce at ImmersionRC

@Lwb Sami,

And make sure you are on v1.50 firmware for both the Tx and Rx, there's a few JR module specific fixes in there.

Navigator
    We want scans, we want scans

Quote Originally Posted by rwijnhov View Post
    We want scans, we want scans
    of course! one scan, one solution!

Ok, so I soldered a 165mm lenght wire to the SMA connector on the stock monopole antenna, I assume that's what you meant to do. That allowed for about 2500ft in range and then the Quad is out of LOS(so I stopped). I have my boss w/ the radio in the parking lot and I have the Quad. About 5 feet off the ground. So, that's great I'm getting somewhere. When I get home I can go about 2 miles LOS so I will retest then and report back.

Thanks for your help

As far as Firmware my module was 1.48a, last night I updated to 1.48b, so now your saying I need to update to 1.50, correct?

I know my RXs are not 1.50 so I will update them tonight

Thanks again
    Last edited by Lwb Sami; 21st February 2014 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwb Sami View Post
    Ok, so I soldered a 165mm lenght wire to the SMA connector on the stock monopole antenna, I assume that's what you meant to do. That allowed for about 2500ft in range and then the Quad is out of LOS(so I stopped). I have my boss w/ the radio in the parking lot and I have the Quad. About 5 feet off the ground. So, that's great I'm getting somewhere. When I get home I can go about 2 miles LOS so I will retest then and report back.

Thanks for your help

As far as Firmware my module was 1.48a, last night I updated to 1.48b, so now your saying I need to update to 1.50, correct?

I know my RXs are not 1.50 so I will update them tonight

Thanks again
    Excellent, upgrade the firmware and you should see somewhat better range still.

However please understand that you can't compare 2.4GHz to 433MHz for RC control. Not many electronic components generate noise on 2.4GHz, however on 433MHz quite a number of them do. If your quad is a TBS Disco, and contains a TBS CORE, that's one well known source or interference in 433MHz. That's why you need to run the spectrum scans, to see whether there's sources of noise on your quad and subsequently silence them.

Think of it this way; if your EzUHF receiver was you sitting in a busy local bar, the music pumping, you'd have a hard time making out what the cute girl whispering in your ear is saying. She could be asking you whether you'd like to come home with her for the night, or she could be merely be asking why you have your blouse on inside out? If the music (=interference) was a little less loud you'd probably be better able to make out what she's saying.

The same applies to the EzUHF receiver, the less noise there is around it, the better it is able to pick up the signal and the better range you'll see from it.

ok ssassen, you are the best for kidding people, we already know that (worldwide...)
    Is it possible to go back to range problem please? we are a lot to wait a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by mickawell View Post
    Is it possible to go back to range problem please? we are a lot to wait a solution.
    I can't offer a solution without your input, so please post pictures of your setup, the antennas you use, the spectrum scans of your model, etc. If you think any UHF system is a plug and play solution I unfortunately have to disappoint you, there's no such thing, especially not if there's an interfering source on your plane.

While you're at it I would suggest you update to the v1.50 firmware on both the Tx and Rx as this firmware contains some fixes which are specific to the JR module.

I will update to 1.50 and test again.
    Please stop considering me as a newby in FPV, I have 3 machines, many flights.

Please answer this question : when you get 4 kms with the box, then you replace the box with the JR module (1.48), you don't change anythin on the plane, is it normal to fall to 700 meters range?

Please make more tests with the module... try to figure out what's happening