Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylark Tiny OSD III Not Working

Unhappy Skylark Tiny OSD III Not Working

Hello All

I'm new to FPV but not new to RC. I bought a Skylark Tiny OSD III about a month ago. It hasn't worked since I received it, all I get is a blank screen no FPV video no OSD. I am using a Fat Shark Predator V2 with a 350QX. When I have just the FPV system hooked up it works just fine, with either my GoProH3+B or the basic camera.

It took me a while to find out that the software doesn't work with Windows Vista, Windows 8. I did get the software to work with Windows XP. I can't tell if the OSD is working with the software. Once it looked like it updated the firmware but not sure.

I did have a red LED on the current sensor, the GPS antenna and the OSD. Now I am not getting the LED on the OSD.

I asked for support from the retailer and they were no help.

I sent a support request to Skylark and haven't heard anything.
    (even waited for the Chinese New Year to end)
    I did get a PM response here from Skylark but my OSD still isn't working.

So any idea if my unit if toast or is there anything I can do to get it to work?

Please Help

Jeff

Pics and wiring diagrams always help.

When you wired it up did you follow the manual? I use servo connectors and then make Y cables out of them - video in/Video out.......it's a PITA and if you plug it in wrong it won't work.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

I have been looking at the setup diagram and re-checking for the last month. I am using servo leads for a Y. The only thing not plugged in is the RSSI as I don't think the 350QX supports RSSI. I don't think that should stop the OSD from working. Will do a pic or wiring diagram later tonight.

The RSSI is how you power the OSD, as long as you put 5v on the +- of the RSSI plug it should at last show LED's - got that much or not?
    Run a wire from the RX anyway, when you get an RX that supports RSSI all you'll have to do is configure theRX to output and voila, you'll have RSSI already wired.

Skylark has a sub forum here, maybe get a mod to move this there?
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Navigator
    Scottu is right
    Osd needs 5volt
    You can lead a servo wire from your rx to the osd

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OSD Wiring.jpg 
Views:	912 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	41835
    Here is how I have my OSD wired, I guess the one question is do I need power to the RSSI for the OSD to work?

Jeff

Yes, just run a regular servo wire to the OSD from either a BEC or your RX.

I run m ine from the RX. Even if you do not have RSSI on the "Signal" cable, the voltage and ground will power the OSD.

That you had a blinking light on the GPS might indicate voltage is there, if your flight controller puts voltage out.

You could always use a BEC there.

KF7TRX

Ok, I tried running a signal wire to the RSS,I still nothing. I have also tried all the cables, USB, GPS and current sensor. Still no light on OSD, I can feel the OSD gets warm in one spot making me think that it is getting power.
    I honestly think that I simply got a dud and it's not going to work. When trying to update firmware all it does is timeout. If I try and change the screen settings as soon as I unplug it and plug it back in no changes are saved. I really appreciate the help, just getting discouraged. I've spent a lot of time reading some 100 pages of posts trying find a solution, all while hoping for an answer.

Navigator
    Did you try it before the firmware flash??
    Looks like your meshed up the firmware
    Contact skylark
    They will help you out

Red,

Any developments on your Tiny OSD issues? I recently got one and am having identical issues as you. Never an LED on the OSD from initial plug into computer, same with hooking it up to video system. Nothing. No video. No led on OSD. All of your software errors I have encountered as well.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"