FPVLAB

Page 318 of 371 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3709

Thread: IBCrazy's Chimera airplane

I definitely don't like the motor mount area on this design. I get a ton of flex both in the body mount area and in the mount itself so it behaves differently under different levels of thrust.

That's why I use the 4 piece motor mount. The area of the motor mount is thicker on the v2 than on the v1. Additional sparing in this area is recommended as in Alex latest build video.

I cover the area top and bottom with 2 layers of 10 mil laminate a couple inches passed the seams on both sides and you can't flex it after that. I also used that giant 4"x4" stone blue aluminum àmount, so there's no I'll effects from the powerplant. I feel like it might be "skipping" through the air - like the air is hitting the bottom of the center section airframe and pushing it up a little, which quickly changes the airflow and drops it back down, over and over. I'm going to reinstate my v1 and gear it up this week and possibly build some other planes. I'm going on a trip next week where I'll have nothing but endless vast openness to fly, so I'll do some comparisons in an attempt to pinpoint something. Hopefully I can make a good video out of some new and different footage...

Navigator
    @Hoss:

Hi, I love my HD V2's and the only thing I can compare them to are the Attitude V2's which I previously owned and cut my baby teeth on. Please keep in mind that I'm farsighted with a healthy side of astigmatism in one eye.

I don't get a chance to fly very often and haven't used my googles much but I love them.

The HDs fit my face much better and there is very little edge blur when viewing all areas of the screens. It's like watching a movie in a theater (HD2's) compared to a TV across the room (Att V2's). I still need to force my vision into some areas of the screen to view bits of info but it is nothing compared to the Attitudes. The goggles fit much more snugly on the face so you're in the razor seats looking at a theater screen. I was in awe when I first hooked them up for the first time on my computer via HDMI. The fan is a nice addition but I have not used it as much as I've used it. It's a failure waiting to happen and not sure where to get a replacement save for sending my goggles back to FatShark. The battery pocket in the strap and the 1800mAh battery design is much more secure. The DVR records better video than my JapanDVR clone (or whatever these are) from RMRC. My only complaint with the DVR functionality is that a pair of tweezers or similar implement is required to get the microSD card out of the Goggles if you have larger fingers as I do.

You'll just have a bit of cropping to the image if you fly your Phantom with them, not a huge deal-breaker especially considering you fly mostly planes/board cameras.

It was immediately worth the money for me, after struggling to use my Attitudes with lousy eyes to begin with, as the difference is not by any means subtle. I can almost guarantee you will love them if you get them given that your vision is compatible.

You've helped enough people, including myself, with their Chimeras, etc., the least I could do was to give you my $0.02 on the goggles. Thanks by the way, never could have built mine properly without everyone's great advice in here.

Good luck and all the best on your vacation!
    Last edited by Mark Mywards; 4th July 2016 at 10:01 PM.

Hoss I've also upgraded from Attitude V2s to Dom HD v2. It's such a massive improvement - even with the -2 lenses - that I could never go back. I go back and forth between these for 1.3 and my Headplays for 5.8. Yes the HP are super duper dorky, but it's not like the Fatsharks make you look cool either!

Quote Originally Posted by Shifteer View Post
    Hoss I've also upgraded from Attitude V2s to Dom HD v2. It's such a massive improvement - even with the -2 lenses - that I could never go back. I go back and forth between these for 1.3 and my Headplays for 5.8. Yes the HP are super duper dorky, but it's not like the Fatsharks make you look cool either!
    Thanks man. Yeah, between you and Havard, I probably should've just went for the hd's - I went with the Dom V3's though and am getting used to them. I really wish I could've put both of them on for 2 seconds before making a decision, but in the end, the negative energy spread all over YouTube and forums around the hd's and the 16:9 of the v3's (I also have a white quad) did me in. I thought about sending them back and getting the hd's, but the place I got them from listed they they had to be sealed for return, so they're mine now. I do have headplay's... and that's about as immersive as you get. The main motivation for this all started with bringing my quad with me everywhere I go and not being able to fit the HP's in the bag (and not wanting to wear them around people, lol). My attitudes didn't have hdmi, so setting up a converter and doing all that every time was not cool, so this the search started. In the end, I guess I'll probably be using my HP's to fly planes and the Dom's for HD quad flight and portable times where I need to get somewhere. I'm not sure how the 16:9 feed looks all squished into a 4:3 frame, so maybe I made the right decision? Hopefully I did... but regardless... they're mine now. Flying planes with them is pretty nice. I don't know what the hd's look like, so I don't know what I'm missing. Maybe that's a good thing

Thanks for the feedback man!

When I've got a lot of time on my hands, i do love setting up my 5.8 repeater onto my 1.3 ground station, and flying long range with the headplays. They are just made for those long high views. If i could get HeadPlays with a 1.3 module I'd just suck up the dorkyness and use them full time.

Navigator
    Chimera thread?

Quote Originally Posted by jdjeff View Post
    Chimera thread?
    I mean I'd use them full time while flying my Chimera V2

Navigator
    Yeah...good one...but 2 pages of fat shark discussion belongs in a fat shark thread.

Page 318 of 371 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368 ... LastLast