FPVLAB

Page 365 of 371 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 3709

Thread: IBCrazy's Chimera airplane

Here is a short highlights of yesterday video.
    Get me a Crocodile sandwich. And make it snappy.

Wow, you've got sick places to fly... Nice.
    Omni on what freq? 1.3 should get you out 8 to 10 x that distance. Regardless, great video and great scenery. Good stuff man.
    Last edited by Hoss; 11th August 2017 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Wow, you've got sick places to fly... Nice.
    Omni on what freq? 1.3 should get you out 8 to 10 x that distance. Regardless, great video and great scenery. Good stuff man.
    Mad mushroom omni's 1.3ghz, but certainly pushing the limits of line of sight for where I was able to park...
    My buddy consistently gets over 4km range with his mad mushroom set. I pull out the directionals if I plan to head out farther than 2km usually.
    Get me a Crocodile sandwich. And make it snappy.

Ok, let's get this party started. Spars, then servos, gps, video and control antenna's, camera box cutout, then laminate, then motor mount, bay lid, vtx, controller, receiver, camera box installation, elevons, control rods and MAIDEN! Really, really psyched to have a V1 OG Chimera again. There's something special about this bird... If you've ever flown one, you know what I mean.

Tomorrow is going to be maiden day I think. Just ned to attach the motor, pull the VTX from the HD Chimera and install in this one and get the battery bay completed based on CG. And a couple final touches like covering the holes in the verts for better aerodynamics and such. This thing is going to rip. It's been a couple years since I've had a V1 Chimera in the air... This is going to feel so good...

She's ready. My lightest Chimera ever (my first v1 was near 7lbs and carried 2x 3s 8,000 packs and could fly for well over an hour). This one is:

AUW w/o battery: 1695g, 3.73lbs, 59.7oz
    AUW w battery: 2437g, 5.37lbs, 85.96oz

Packing:
    Motor: SK3 3542 1250kv
    Prop: MAS 10x6
    Batt: Zippy 4S 8,000mah
    Servo: Blue Bird BMS 390 DMH 22.5g
    FC: Vector
    ESC: Turnigy Trust 75A
    UBEC: Hobbywing 3-5A
    HD Cam: GoPro 4 Black
    Flight Cam: Foxeer 1177 w/ GoPro 2 lens
    Control: Dragon Link V2
    VTX: Digital 1.3 1.5W
    Video Antenna: VAS Airblade 1.3

That's the most thorough breakdown i've ever done, lol.

Ok, now she's actually ready... was super tail heavy. Needed to add 160g of weight in lead and washers to the nose to get it to balance out. I hate dead weight.

Wish me luck

Scott

I'm beginning to distrust vector. Chimera is done. This is the second plane - identical events, identical feeling in the sticks, identical results. It feels like the right control rod falls off. I'm flying along, all of a sudden it feels like I have 80% expo, then it turns to the right and down, then there's no control... Full right stick has no effect and into the ground it goes. I was moving pretty good - the right wing went in first and is no longer attached to the plane, along with half the mid section. Upon getting up to the plane, everything is connected just fine and nothing is broken, loose or in any way malfunctioning. There's 3 possibilities here - either a) vector is becoming unreliable for some reason, b) someone near where I fly is a radio nerd / plane hater and is successfully jamming my control signal (I know it sounds all hokey pokey conspiracy theorist, but it is a very weird thing to have happen twice) or c) I'm the victim of a hell of an unfortunate coincidence. I'll post up some footage later - maybe someone else can see something I don't. Ugh...

Scott

Navigator
    1. Download your vector and ck your rssi to see if it is signal loss and ck your notifications for anything strange.
    2. ck the wiring going into the vector (input - outputs) . Had a copter momentarily go rogue because of a loose connection on the input side of the vector.
    3. is it possible the placement of the rx antenna is causing rf interference with the wing servo?
    4. I had to reset my dragon link to the default settings and not use the eagle tree setting. Had crappy range and other issues, failing micro power tests and so on.
    5. Nice Aircraft , It sucks when this happens but press on!

Page 365 of 371 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367 ... LastLast