FPVLAB

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DTF UHF 1W LRS transmitter

DTF UHF 1W LRS transmitter

Hi everyone,
    I'm just starting into fpv and I'm thinking of getting the DTF UHF 1W tx and the hawkeye 9ch receiver (both with openlrsng) as a LRS system. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this system and would recommend it or not. I understand that it is not plug and play and I will have to do some flashing to get it to work.

Mine's in the mail right now. The DTF version has good filtering and seems to perform well for everyone I've talked to. Like you said though, it's not plug and play.

Ok, Thanks for you reply. I'd be interested in hearing your experience with it once you get it.

Hey mate,
    I'd recommend starting with a 2.4ghz system like FrSky. You can get to 2miles with it if it is done right and it is less sensitive to other electronics near it.

If you are still keen to jump in the deep end, you can get lots of info here: http://www.fpvtalk.com/community/thr...keye-openlrsng

Thanks for the link. Is it really that hard to set up? I've read a whole bunch about how to flash it and how to hook it up and it seems to me that if I just follow the correct procedure it shouldn't be that hard.

Part of the reason I want to use it is because I want to use 2.4 for video, since I think I would grow out of 5.8 quickly. So I need a cheap lrs system.

It shouldn't bee that hard. The DTF version doesn't require an FTDI either. Don't let it intimidate you!

That's good to hear. I find there's mixed opinions on how hard it is. But I have decent electronics and computer skills so I think I'll be okay.

Dude you can't go wrong with dtf.. Carl is awesome as are the others working on openlrsng. They even got it working on my dx8/9. Customer service from dtf is top notch!

great, good to hear there is good support. I'm sure that will be useful if I have any problems. I'm thinking of buying from the aliexpress storefront instead of from Carl's store because I want the 9channel rx. Anyone have experience buying from there? I've heard mixed reviews about aliexpress and am a little nervous about ordering there.

I ordered form FPVStyle, they are a sponsor here on the 'Lab.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast