Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FeiYu Tech FY-G3

camera is in the same position but the gimbal adds weigh to the side. If you are not getting heat issues that is promising! I had the gimbal with gopro attached and it kept getting hotter unevenly until I hung it below the quad and centered. Here it was about 33 degrees C. Anyway, I think I will need to get this :-) maybe next month.

nevermind, could not wait that long.

I ordered one now will post feedback once I get it on the quad!

Cool. Let me know hot it works out. Temps have been about 85F here during initial testing. It is hotter now. I will let you know if I pick up any unbalanced heating with the motors.

Don't forget the dampers from Goodluckbuy. You can find a link on the Shapeways page.

I now have the printed plastic and the rubber dampers.

Need the screws and tube to test.. when I test I will post here

I noticed 2 issues though:

1) the total height of the mount is taller than the red shafts (after adding the http://www.ebay.com/itm/360951917712 ) So basically the plates have to push apart and not remain same height as the rest of the quad. (Am I making sense?)
    2) I have the core installed and the back of the mount touches the TBS shield that is soldered behind the camera. I guess I can trim the mount to shave of about 1.5 2 mm :-) I see in your pic you do not have the shield on.

Quality of the mount is A+++++

Thanks
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by samkatmex View Post
    I now have the printed plastic and the rubber dampers.

Need the screws and tube to test.. when I test I will post here

I noticed 2 issues though:

1) the total height of the mount is taller than the red shafts (after adding the http://www.ebay.com/itm/360951917712 ) So basically the plates have to push apart and not remain same height as the rest of the quad. (Am I making sense?)
    2) I have the core installed and the back of the mount touches the TBS shield that is soldered behind the camera. I guess I can trim the mount to shave of about 1.5 2 mm :-) I see in your pic you do not have the shield on.

Quality of the mount is A+++++

Thanks
    Sam
    Sam,

I know exactly what you mean. The dampers I have are fairly soft. The total height of the mount is 39mm with the dampers installed, which is higher than the 37mm gap. This allows the rubber to compress to give a consistent fit and insure separation of the solid components for damping. Another user had an issue where the dampers provided were thicker than those spec'd for the mount. They should be 10mm high...any thicker than this and it could cause problems with fit between the plates. I will post the correct damper dimensions tomorrow.

I do not have the shield in place on my quad. The design avoids the gold rectangle defining the Core area, but I did not take the solder joint into consideration. It will not hurt anything to remove material near this area, however, you shouldn't have to remove more than 0.5 mm unless the solder bead is large.

Thanks for the feedback. Please post when you get everything in place.

Brian

Just saw where FY Tech has released their 3 axis version of the gimbal. Wondering if it will look to bulky on the Disco if using a forward mount solution?

http://www.foxtechfpv.com/fy-g3-ultr...ng-p-1613.html

Navigator

Feiyutech

[QUOTE=samkatmex;438102]Anyone have the FeiYu Tech FY-G3 on a TBS discovery? I was told I can drill 3 small holes and mount it fwd facing.

I am waiting for it to arrive

I fabricated my own mount for the tbs disco which uses the mount that the feiyu tech comes with. I started out mounting the gimbal direct to the frame but too much jello, so I made a mount which now hangs the gimbal as originally intended and works a treat with absolutely no jello.......shapeways mount looks good though .I'll post a couple of photos shortly

I ordered the mount for the feiyu tech G3 anyone that ordered one knows how it takes to get(can't wait) and what comes with it and what's needed?

you will need the dampers and screws and some gas tubing to cover the red tube. It is in the description of the item you ordered. I got mine a long while ago but just now decided to put it. and test it this week.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast