Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FeiYu Tech FY-G3

Navigator
    I don't like it under either but had to record and on the front I was getting jello in video... maybe something could be built to put under to absorb vibration. will try that later when I get another fy g3 if they swap it for me...

Navigator
    any update on this? I really would like to front mount like you did but I wonder how you can achieve this with no jello?

Navigator
    well,

i would have to build something.

In the meantime i just used double sided tape (the good stuff) to attach gimbal under the quad and elevated the quad with some tubular stick from the carpenter.

lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by samkatmex View Post
    ideas ????

Any update? I have one with the same problem. You will find if you hold it upside down it will stabilize with the motor on the other side and the gopro pointing backwards. As if the roll gyro got reversed for some reason. Contacted Ally, but she suggested I mounted it wrong. Bought another, and that works perfectly.

-Rgs

Navigator
    same here, got another one.

Navigator
    found this video on youtube today. This looks promising.

Navigator
    I have developed another option for mounting the G3 to the Discovery. It can be downloaded or printed from Shapeways.com. The print quality from Shapeways is excellent. The mount has been tested for stability and vibration damping, with no hint of jello. The dampers can be purchased from Goodluckbuy. Additional information in the link for Shapeways below. Let me know if there are additional questions.

*** Link ****Shapeways TBS G3 Gimbal Mount

Completed TBS Disco with G3 Gimbal Mount

Gimbal Mount

Mount with Gimbal Attached

First Flight of New TBS Disco w Gimbal Mount
    http://youtu.be/_x0c6mXHfh4

Navigator
    This looks really awesome and I can see how this would eliminate jello.

Only problem I see is the CG being shifted and two of the side motors having to work harder ? Maybe others can share their experiences with importance of a balanced quad.

From playing with my gimbal I have come to find that the center balance in terms of weight being equal left and right side is the power button. (picture drawing a line from powe button toward the quad.)

I think it would work much better if the gimbal is more to positioned towards the FPV cam and the FPV cam relocated more to the side. To end up with a more balanced quad.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by samkatmex View Post
    This looks really awesome and I can see how this would eliminate jello.

Only problem I see is the CG being shifted and two of the side motors having to work harder ? Maybe others can share their experiences with importance of a balanced quad.
    No issues with CG or right side motors having to work harder (no temperature differences in motors). Camera position is as originally intended with TBS design and to minimize blockage of FPV camera.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast