Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: transmitter burn out

Navigator

transmitter burn out

Hi i just bought fat shark attitude goggles set from ebay (new) when i plugged the battery ~(turnigy 3000 mAh 4 cell 14.6v ) in to the low pass filter after about 30 seconds the low pass filter and TX started to smoke.i followed the user manual to the letter and yes the first thing i did was to connect the ANTENNA. I emailed the seller on ebay with no replay.I have been on the fatshark web page which led me to here.can anyone help me with regards on contacting fatshark ie email or address so i can send the TX to be tested or replaced ......

I thought the max voltage for fatshark stuff was 3S or 12 volts... You may have killed it by operator error.

Navigator
    Did you try contacting the reseller about it. They should be your first contact point. Was it an individual that was selling this or a company?

Do also post a pic of the filter and vtx.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by kalikraven View Post
    I thought the max voltage for fatshark stuff was 3S or 12 volts... You may have killed it by operator error.
    I believe there are 2 models of them. The newer ones do take 4s.

Ok I reread this and the manual. Ya it looks like you should have been ok because the battery 4S plugs into the balance lead adapter...

Just because it fits doesn't mean it's meant to take the voltage. I would double check and make sure the model you have is indeed rated for 4s input.

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    If you look at the sticker on the front , if its the newer model , it will say its rating up to 4s
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    Don't have a sticker may of been on the plastic packaging. But on the front of the user manual I says revision A 10/17/2013 and on page 6 in the downlink overview (camera TX power) it says Downlink system comes preassembled and tested for plug/play with aircraft. simply connect the balance lead of your 2s,3s,or 4s (7.4v-16v) RC battery to provide power to your fat shark downlink and your ready to fly...I think a may of got a faulty unit but need to send it off to fat shark for testing .Still no joy from the guy I bought it off on ebay sadly I left feed back before I tested it a lesson learnt there then.

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    can you look at the back top of the transmitter and tell me what it says , something like FS-TX- ?.?
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    yes it says FS-TX-3.2 CHEERS