Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cinetank Videos

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
    I know you didnt ask me but ezuhf is great, and it will work fine with 1.3 video if you keep them away from each other.
    I've been flying 2.4ghz/5.8ghz for a while now and I'm looking for more penetration from the vtx, will 1.3 do that? I just watched bllama's video and I want that kind of vtx penetration. Sooner or later I figure I'll go to uhf but idealistically I'll do the vtx first, then the FCtx so I'm a little concerned about the 1.3ghz harmonic issue. I'm not sure if it adds to the mix but I also just bought a dx8 to replace my 9x though I may return it and get the taranis, I'm pretty sure I canuse the ezuhf with any of those..

Navigator
    So far I like the ezuhf. I had a rangelink, but that started having problems. I wanted some sort of US support, so I went with ezuhf. I also like the cheaper available rx's, and the included spectrum analyzer function.
    I started with 2.4 control and 5.8 video. It was great for getting me started, but soon wanted more tree penetration. So I tried 1.3 and Frsky 2.4 and it didn't work. It decreased the range by 2/3, even with a low pass filter on the vtx. This is with a 300mw vtx with around 12" separation. So I went with the uhf for control.

Instructor Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by deconb View Post
    I've been flying 2.4ghz/5.8ghz for a while now and I'm looking for more penetration from the vtx, will 1.3 do that? I just watched bllama's video and I want that kind of vtx penetration. Sooner or later I figure I'll go to uhf but idealistically I'll do the vtx first, then the FCtx so I'm a little concerned about the 1.3ghz harmonic issue. I'm not sure if it adds to the mix but I also just bought a dx8 to replace my 9x though I may return it and get the taranis, I'm pretty sure I canuse the ezuhf with any of those..
    Return the Spektrum, they dont play well with UHF systems, Taranis is a GREAT choice. You will have problems with 1.2 and 2.4. If you want 1.2 you pretty much have to go UHF at the same time.

BTW UHF with 5.8 works really well together. If you are going to do one before the other, start with Taranis\UHF.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by bllama View Post
    I wanted to post some videos of crashes... here it is... you have to wait till the end or just fast forward.

Man, I wish I had some grass to crash on. All I have is rock and cactus. Did the arm survive that crash into that red post? That one looked nasty.

That one was the only time I broke and arm, I did brake the some props on all the other crashes, but I was flying again 10min later.
    Cool thing is you take the safe locking washers off that side, disconnect the anti-vibration balls of that side and replace the arm removing only that section of the dirt plate, no need to take everything off.

Quote Originally Posted by scotth72 View Post
    Man, I wish I had some grass to crash on. All I have is rock and cactus. Did the arm survive that crash into that red post? That one looked nasty.
    Last edited by bllama; 8th February 2014 at 11:20 AM.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by scotth72 View Post
    wow man, that is a beautiful place to fly, I'm so jealous, I wish I had places like that
    Last edited by terabyte; 8th February 2014 at 12:24 PM.

^Don't we all!

What RC radios are you using? It looks like you went below line-of-sight in a couple of those little arroyos. I would have lost RC contact for sure...
    KI7CBF

Navigator
    I am using Ezuhf. I lose LOS due to trees on that flight, but I don't fly behind any hills.

Navigator
    http://youtu.be/1ORH-oljruA

This flight a bad bearing reared its ugly head. Might have contributed to the bit of jello that showed up on higher throttle settings.