Thread: It was truly amazing and incredible!

Forum Member

It was truly amazing and incredible!

Tonight I setup the Failsafe and did the Naza dance. Mounted the props and went outside. I armed the motors and gently increased the throttle. It lifted up and just set there few feet above the ground hovering completely still. It was rock solid despite a gentle breeze. After performing some simple maneuvers, I landed it, then took off again and climbed to 50ft then gently brought it down giving it a tiny bit of throttle just before the touchdown for the smoothest landing imaginable. It was like flying a toy coaxial helicopter in my family room. It was everything I wanted and more! I only had limited success with my first quad probably because I didn't set it up right and had very basic equipment. Flying was not easy at all. Now it's a piece of cake. With this much stability, I can probably attempt FPV this weekend with a spotter. Special thanks to everyone on this forum for answering questions and sharing wisdom (especially Oliver for writing the manual which I followed pretty closely).

Now, I can replace those 4AAs with something like a GoPro 3 Black edition. Any advice on accessories, lens protection, etc?

Forum Member
    Congrats! - so much more fun to come.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lxr184 View Post
    Tonight I setup the Failsafe and did the Naza dance. Mounted the props and went outside. I armed the motors and gently increased the throttle. It lifted up and just set there few feet above the ground hovering completely still. It was rock solid despite a gentle breeze. After performing some simple maneuvers, I landed it, then took off again and climbed to 50ft then gently brought it down giving it a tiny bit of throttle just before the touchdown for the smoothest landing imaginable. It was like flying a toy coaxial helicopter in my family room. It was everything I wanted and more! I only had limited success with my first quad probably because I didn't set it up right and had very basic equipment. Flying was not easy at all. Now it's a piece of cake. With this much stability, I can probably attempt FPV this weekend with a spotter. Special thanks to everyone on this forum for answering questions and sharing wisdom (especially Oliver for writing the manual which I followed pretty closely).

Now, I can replace those 4AAs with something like a GoPro 3 Black edition. Any advice on accessories, lens protection, etc?
    Good to hear! Can't wait until I can get to this point.

Lens protection. Although I don't even have a go pro yet i'd like to know as well!

I saw the above when i ordered my EZUHF JR module from them.

Forum Member
    I just orders this lens filter. It's a 3x ND. Slips right around the lens ring of the gopro 3/3+. It's inexpensive and will help eliminate micro vibrations in video, by slowing the shutter speed down.

http://www.polarprofilters.com/shop/...r-gopro-hero3/

Forum Member
    Special thanks to everyone on this forum for answering questions and sharing wisdom (especially Oliver for writing the manual which I followed pretty closely).
    You're very welcome mate, glad I could help and congrats for your maiden Disco flight. You gonna have to a lot of fun !

I agree with the previous post, layer lens for protection or ND filter to help with jello and also protect the lens.
    What kind of accessories are you thinking about ?

I have several batteries now and I use these little battery voltage monitor. Cost only $2 and it's great to check the voltage remaining in your battery. Plug it to the balance cable and it gives you the voltage per cell and the total. A must have at this price !
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...589&aff=143580

Last edited by Oliver Miami; 29th January 2014 at 01:44 AM.

Forum Member
    You can also get a polariser for the Layer Lens mount.

Pete
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial narrow][COLOR=#ff0000]similis vobis fugere eam furatus[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#ff0000][B]![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[LIST][*][URL="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Edith_Sitwell"]Edith Sitwell[/URL] "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."[/LIST]

Forum Member
    Here are a couple things I bought for my GoPro3 Black Ed. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Here in Hawaii, the light conditions can vary from location to location. They work really well for me. Hope this helps. Aloha

Curt

Forum Member
    Awesome feeling building your own quad and then on liftoff it just sits there hovering so comely, so sweet..anyway congrats