Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What DVR can you recommend?

have you had any issues? - checked it is actually recording your flights? I have the same one i expect and i have discovered that it dosesnt record half the flights - and of course you can guess which ones those will be.....I would make the same mod as well if i thought it was reliable enough to bother - maybe i have a dodge unit, but not sure i can handle having to deal with HobbyKing's customer service to raise it

Quote Originally Posted by mashednz View Post
    I use the $50 HK dvr. Quality is fine as a "black box" type recorder. I have it set to record on power on and loop record so I don't even have to think about it. I'm planning on hardwiring a rj45 cable to it for using with the TBS groundstation when it arrives.

I had one of those and it just worked exactly right every time. I now have an RMRC FPV-1000 and it was very hit and miss til I started using a Sandisk Extreme card, at least the last four recordings set at the high rate have just worked but I expect it to stop some time soon.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Navigator
    Has anyone connected the HK DVR directly to the fatshark dominators?

yup - works fine - that is how i set it up and worked through the menu options

Navigator
    Thank you DiscoTuna, That's what I needed to hear.. I have the RMRC DVR and just cannot get it to work with the Dominators. People say they will but I have had no luck at it..Trying to cut out the ground station for recording quick flights where I do not want to set up the ground station.

The issue with getting the signal to work between anything with RCA connections is that there is no standard out there in terms of pin size, pole numbers, order of signal down the different connections on the pin. It is one giant cluster. I always have to fiddle around with different configurations to get it right. Point being you should be able to get your rmrc kit to work with the right leads and configuration. It must be better than the HobbyKing Dvr

Navigator
    Know what you mean...Been trying to use alligator clips to jumper between pins, but no luck yet..Guess I'll just have to cut a couple of connectors off cable and try it that way. The main problem with the RMRC DVR is the RF noise when recording.

Quote Originally Posted by cervri View Post
    Thank you DiscoTuna, That's what I needed to hear.. I have the RMRC DVR and just cannot get it to work with the Dominators. People say they will but I have had no luck at it..Trying to cut out the ground station for recording quick flights where I do not want to set up the ground station.
    All I use is the short FatShark cable connected using the RCA plugs to the standard RMRC video input cable.

This is the short cable you need, plugs straight into the RMRC cable. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=379
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Navigator
    Are DVR generally noisy or not- in other words, can I mount one close to my FPV gear in the ground station or do I create problems with that?
    Dunno about generally, but the FPV-Japan & clones certainly step on the 1.2/1.3G band (and only that one). Not too much of a problem with a directional antenna, but you soon notice it with omnis unless you keep the dvr a fair distance away.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    All I use is the short FatShark cable connected using the RCA plugs to the standard RMRC video input cable.

This is the short cable you need, plugs straight into the RMRC cable. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=379
    I just got this one in the mail the other day, but have not tried it yet. http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2287

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast