Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What DVR can you recommend?

There was a post about the ones from ReadyMade and I have one and it is fine. Just get a class 10 chip to use.

I have been using a JXD-990 for about 3 years now with no issues. Available on eBay for about ~$85.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/161104152566?lpid=82

Navigator
    Are DVR generally noisy or not- in other words, can I mount one close to my FPV gear in the ground station or do I create problems with that?

There in is a good question.

I see noise on my 4 mile video, but I had no noise in the goggles.

Generally I would advise you put it as far away from the RX and antenna as possible.

Then again......

"Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

Reckless Video Operator squishy's Avatar
    Every component in my GS is filtered, just to be safe. I don't use the auto record on feature. I use the remote with each flight and it works well, the only time I lose a video is when I turn it off too quickly before it saves. But even then it has a long fading cap in it to help prevent this..
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

Avenger... that one looks pretty interesting! Does it record snow, or does it cut out once the video signal is lost? What kind of compression, h264 or mp4...? Good bitrate?

Thanks!

Peter.

The JXD990 records records files to a MP4 format. I can just plug in the raw video feed (1 volt point-to-point), from my oracle diversity video switcher and it records everything. The video I feed into it is not digital.

And yes, it does record snow & static. While the video quality is not the greatest, I use it primarily for insuranse in case I lose a plane. I can replay and look at the last GPS coordinates and find the bird. Had to do this on a few occasions. I record all my HD video using a GoPro.
    Last edited by Airbender; 30th January 2014 at 11:24 PM.

Co-Pilot
    I have the FPV Japan as I got it before ReadyMadeRC had there version.Mine has been rock steady once I dropped the bit rate.Before that it would sometimes lock up if I turned off the tx before stopping the recording.Now it doesnt matter what I do it keeps recording until I stop it or the battery dies.The RMRC version is what I would buy now.The first time you find your quad or plane with it you have paid it off.
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyincali View Post
    I have the FPV Japan as I got it before ReadyMadeRC had there version.Mine has been rock steady once I dropped the bit rate.Before that it would sometimes lock up if I turned off the tx before stopping the recording.Now it doesnt matter what I do it keeps recording until I stop it or the battery dies.The RMRC version is what I would buy now.The first time you find your quad or plane with it you have paid it off.
    I left the bitrate but put the new firmware in, that stopped with the updated firmware.

ReadymadeRC is cheaper for the exact thing, plus US shipping means you don't have to wait 3 weeks.
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

I use the $50 HK dvr. Quality is fine as a "black box" type recorder. I have it set to record on power on and loop record so I don't even have to think about it. I'm planning on hardwiring a rj45 cable to it for using with the TBS groundstation when it arrives.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast