DragonLinkRC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trinity head tracking with Dragon link

Trinity

Hi thanks for the reply..

I have just put the Meter on the HT red and black leads to see if I was getting a singnal ok and it shows 2.4-7v so that's OK..

Have set trinity to beep #6 channels 7-8 plugged all the cables in and activated head tracker also turned on TJ8 and then set DL to bind mode.. Restarted all and placed servos on TX Ch 9-10-11 but get nothing from it.. I've swapped wires and done so many different methods but nothing.. Long shot but if i was to plug my HT in the Data port on Dj and remove Tj8 just to see if its picking it up do you think that woukd work.. Its so strange.

Thanks

Will do a list of what I've done once at desktop PC.
    Last edited by Crezzlin; 15th July 2014 at 04:52 AM.

Have you tried to get it going through your radio? Not through the DL? My fear for you is this (my understanding here is limited, so I could be straight up wrong): DL will by default put HT on the two channels (or 3 since Trinity, I think I've read) after your radio channels. For the T8J, that is 9/10(11), and the Trinity only supports up to 7/8. So you lose here. If this were the T6J, you'd be money.

So back to my question. Have you tried it through the radio?
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Yes I have and it was fine on channels 6/7/8.. This was my worry it could be the trinity stuck on channels 7/8.. Maybe I can find away to disable TJ8 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Crezzlin View Post
    Yes I have and it was fine on channels 6/7/8.. This was my worry it could be the trinity stuck on channels 7/8.. Maybe I can find away to disable TJ8 channels.
    With a radio like the 9X, 9XR or Tarranis that's cake, not sure if the Futaba software is that flexible, though I'd be anxious to hear your results.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Trinity

Hi guys, been trying random things tonight.. I'm not 100% what caused it but I've managed to get Roll working on channel 9.. But CH.10-11 do nothing.. Ah so annoying all I want is up and down lol.. I did try setting goggles to channels 5-6 and 7-8 with and without rebinding and it made No difference at all.. Still got Roll on CH9 .

One thing I did do was go to Auxiliary channels in TJ8 and set CH7-8 to Null.. But since trying to get other chsnneks to work I had reset this and it didn't make any difference.. So strange :/

You got some movement so you are on the right track!

Quote Originally Posted by Crezzlin View Post
    Hi guys, been trying random things tonight.. I'm not 100% what caused it but I've managed to get Roll working on channel 9.. But CH.10-11 do nothing.. Ah so annoying all I want is up and down lol.. I did try setting goggles to channels 5-6 and 7-8 with and without rebinding and it made No difference at all.. Still got Roll on CH9 .

One thing I did do was go to Auxiliary channels in TJ8 and set CH7-8 to Null.. But since trying to get other chsnneks to work I had reset this and it didn't make any difference.. So strange :/

9? Strange. What Ch's is the Trinity set to when u get ch9 to roll?

Got it working

All I did was master reset goggles, attach to DL power everything on with HT active then bind..

Then plugged servos into DL RX to find i still had roll only on ch9.. So i then set goggles to ch.
    .7/8 in Trinity menu and (without) bindng it all again my Pan-tilt works on CH.9-10 but nothing on ch11..

I had done all the above before but never master reset goggles until now.

Thanks for the help guys, im sure another victim will be along soon
    Last edited by Crezzlin; 17th July 2014 at 11:19 AM.

Glad to hear. This info would be at home In The FS head tracker radio support thread.

Hi all,

Great thread here, I've fatshark headtracker + turnigy 9xr (er9) + DLv2, everythings work with 12ch and the pan is 360 servo motor but I've some drift problems on it ...
    Do somone had the same problems ?