DragonLinkRC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trinity head tracking with Dragon link

You bet! Glad i could help out. You are right, the info out there is a little sparse and confusing.

Navigator
    I have the head tracker hooked up and working but I get heaps of failsafes. Tried a few different radio's, 2 different DLV2's and 3 different receivers but still the failsafes. The failsafes are far worse when I turn on another DL at the same time. Do I need to add some ferrite rings to the HT cable? Do I need to hook up the power wire to the head tracker port?

I am out of ideas.

Navigator
    I have the head tracker hooked up and working but I get heaps of failsafes. Tried a few different radio's, 2 different DLV2's and 3 different receivers but still the failsafes. The failsafes are far worse when I turn on another DL at the same time. Do I need to add some ferrite rings to the HT cable? Do I need to hook up the power wire to the head tracker port?

I am out of ideas.

No power wire needed to the head tracker port. Just signal and ground.

Navigator
    Got it working on 3 of my planes but it has made the range terrible. The RSSI drops a lot and goes to failsafe. When another Dragonlijnk is turned on then the failsafes are every 15 seconds or so. Tried all sorts of things. Diff radio, DL Rx's Head trackers….

Anyone else noticed similar problems?

Navigator
    Got it fixed. It seems that there is some problem with the PPM out put frame length on some radios (i.e. JR9x)when you add the head tracker into the mix with higher channel counts.

The fix for me was the TARANIS TX radio. it takes some getting use to the new programing software but its worth it for the flexibility and performance.

Navigator
    Hi guys, ive been trying for weeks now without any joy.. Tj8 attitude v2 and DL V2.. have any of you used the most up to date firmware for DL and still got your head trackers working? thanks

Crezzlin what channel are you plugging your pan tilt servos in to? Try channel 9 and 10 on the dragonlink. Set your trinity for the last possible channel, then rebind the dragonlink with the trinity hooked up and active.

YeAh, crezzlin, give us as much info as possible about your setup, and what you've tried. I haven't messed with HT through DL in a bit ( doing it through Taranis now), but I could try some stuff with my gear ang compare notes.
    "That aircraft is nothing but a bunch of spare parts flying in close formation!"

Navigator
    Hi thanks for the reply..

I have just put the Meter on the HT red and black leads to see if I was getting a singnal ok and it shows 2.4-7v so that's OK..

Have set trinity to beep #6 channels 7-8 plugged all the cables in and activated head tracker also turned on TJ8 and then set DL to bind mode.. Restarted all and placed servos on TX Ch 9-10-11 but get nothing from it.. I've swapped wires and done so many different methods but nothing.. Long shot but if i was to plug my HT in the Data port on Dj and remove Tj8 just to see if its picking it up do you think that woukd work.. Its so strange.

Thanks