Page 160 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1646

Thread: TBS GROUNDSTATION - official thread

  1. #1591
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    yeah, you will find once you go with the magic combo of 2.4 Video and UHF R/C (ideally the Crossfire ) your picture quality will actually improve the further away you fly. LOL. I've had instances of spotty video 50m out, but then it clears up as I approach 5km. Must be reflections, I guess.
    Going with the Crossfire and the 2.4 GHz TBS Ground Station with either a Yagi or Pepperbox antenna sounds like a winning combination for the best range. I am pretty sure I have my mind set on the TBS GS. Nice to know the picture quality improves with distance. Logic will think that the picture quality would degrade with distance. Thanks for providing your expertise on this matter.
    NH2LB

  2. #1592
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by fpvguam View Post
    Going with the Crossfire and the 2.4 GHz TBS Ground Station with either a Yagi or Pepperbox antenna sounds like a winning combination for the best range. I am pretty sure I have my mind set on the TBS GS. Nice to know the picture quality improves with distance. Logic will think that the picture quality would degrade with distance. Thanks for providing your expertise on this matter.
    Thought you said in your PM going with an IMRC VRX / IMRC VTX & VAS Pepper Box ??

  3. #1593
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    131

    TBS GROUNDSTATION - official thread

    My setup includes a TBS GS w VAS 2.4GHz Crosshair.
    Went 2km out and had to return because of my battery.
    Never lost video during the flight.
    Really happy with my setup.

    Update: I'm using the TBS Crossfire system.


    Last edited by fjbravo; 11th October 2015 at 12:58 AM.

  4. #1594
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    576
    love my GS. flew 2.5 miles with 100% perfect video today. Could have gone father but Rssi on openlrs was getting a little low and I havent flown FPV in like 6 months so I took it easy.

    Just be careful with the connections. any of the connectors on the side can short out if you bush metal up against it. I would reccomend capping off any unused ports and plug everything in before powering up.

    FJBravo your in Puerto Rico?
    Last edited by slappomatt; 11th October 2015 at 12:22 AM.

  5. #1595
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by slappomatt View Post
    Just be careful with the connections. any of the connectors on the side can short out if you bush metal up against it. I would reccomend capping off any unused ports and plug everything in before powering up.
    Normally I have the terminal cover with the black caps they come with.

    Quote Originally Posted by slappomatt View Post
    FJBravo your in Puerto Rico?
    Yes.
    I see you entered the GPS coordinates in Google Maps

  6. #1596
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    576
    yes I did. I didnt really know how small of an island it is. Always just assumed it was a pretty large place. like the case. I have a large pelican with my Pepper box and GS. I like the goggles in there too I should cutout some foam and store mine in there protected.

  7. #1597
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    131

    TBS GROUNDSTATION - official thread

    Quote Originally Posted by slappomatt View Post
    yes I did. I didnt really know how small of an island it is. Always just assumed it was a pretty large place.
    Love it here.
    Come visit, there's a lot of nice spot for Long Range FPV, with a nice tropical breeze.

  8. #1598
    Navigator
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    131

    TBS GROUNDSTATION - official thread

    I created the custom foam from MyCaseBuilder.com for my TBS Discovery Case.
    I love how it looks and everything fits perfectly in one simple case.
    Last edited by fjbravo; 11th October 2015 at 02:26 AM.

  9. #1599
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by fjbravo View Post
    I created the custom foam from MyCaseBuilder.com for my TBS Discovery Case.
    I love how it looks and everything fits perfectly in one simple case.
    Nice One ! Great flexible design idea this company created for the consumer, loving the custom foam inserts for sure !! Would you still have the template that you created for your TBS Pro / accessories that you could possibly post in here? What was the total cost of your custom case with shipping ? Thanks!!

  10. #1600
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
    Nice One ! Great flexible design idea this company created for the consumer, loving the custom foam inserts for sure !! Would you still have the template that you created for your TBS Pro / accessories that you could possibly post in here? What was the total cost of your custom case with shipping ? Thanks!!
    EDIT : I currently use a Vanguard DSLR Bac-Pac for everything. The TBS Quad is just strapped to the outside of the Bac-Pac and all the accessories (Lipos, Tri Pod, GS, Radio etc) fit nicely inside the Bac Pac with room & compartments to spare!! Great for hiking or going to the RC Club BUT I would use the case you posted for travelling via Jet Plane. That's just me anyway .... The Van Guard Bac Pacs work a treat I tell ya !!

Similar Threads

  1. Official Connector Thread
    By injector in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 186
    Last Post: 18th December 2017, 12:15 PM
  2. OFFICIAL FPVLab PARENTING Thread!
    By Rehost in forum ChickenSashimiFPV
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 5th April 2014, 11:25 AM
  3. Official gopro/hd camera mount thread
    By Hockeystud87 in forum HD RECORDING / VIDEO EDITING
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 19th November 2013, 11:25 AM
  4. ~~Official EPIC CRASH VIDEOS thread~~
    By ssassen in forum AIR SHOWS...
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 18th July 2011, 01:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •