image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Antennas choice

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Antennas choice

    hello to everyone

    this would be my first post as a newby on FPV
    I'm assembling my gear and so far I got:

    air-frame: hobbyking sky eye
    TX/RX: Scherrer LSR UHF system over futaba 9CAP
    VTX/VRX : RMRC 1.3GHZ 1.5W
    Gopro Hero 3

    Next on my list:
    Eagletree full OSD
    RMRC tracker
    Ground Station
    Goggles
    Camera

    my question is regarding the Antennas

    which VTX /VRX antennas should I buy for best range and video quality ?
    also which camera do you guys recommend?

    thanks , hope i've posted in the right place

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Amherst, VA
    Posts
    7,352
    This video will explain how to choose the proper antenna. Sadly, we really can't tell you what is best for you. That is something you really need to determine for yourself. Luckily, it's not too hard to do.



    You also might want to visit this thread: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....TO-FPV-SUCCESS

    Watch all the videos there. In 2 hours you'll go from knowing little, to knowing just about everything you need to FPV

    -Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

    [url]videoaerialsystems.com[/url] - Performance video piloting

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    1,883
    and

    /thread

    see how easy it is?
    Flight Club - "In thrust we trust"

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5
    Hey Alex ,

    thanks for the quick reply
    from what i have read your clover leaf antenna will be my choice
    does it have to be paired with another one one the VRX side?
    also there many different clover leaf for 1.2 on RMRC I didnt quit understand what the differences between each of them...?

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago, WI
    Posts
    588
    Yes it would be better if you use a mad mushroom on your receiver. Using two circular polarized antennas help improves the signal and range.

    Quote Originally Posted by dudheart View Post
    Hey Alex ,

    thanks for the quick reply
    from what i have read your clover leaf antenna will be my choice
    does it have to be paired with another one one the VRX side?
    also there many different clover leaf for 1.2 on RMRC I didnt quit understand what the differences between each of them...?

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago, WI
    Posts
    588
    Ok that's what you should go for http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1274
    It is a combo for Tx and Rx.

    Quote Originally Posted by dudheart View Post
    Hey Alex ,

    thanks for the quick reply
    from what i have read your clover leaf antenna will be my choice
    does it have to be paired with another one one the VRX side?
    also there many different clover leaf for 1.2 on RMRC I didnt quit understand what the differences between each of them...?

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5
    thank you very much
    how this antenna will affect my range?
    I'm asking this because of this video :
    it doesn't say nothing about a cloverleaf on the Vrx side
    also I understand the different patterns of each antenna but no one is talking about the range or radius of the patterns
    bottom line does my 1.3Ghz 1.5W Vtx will get me to a 10Km range?

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago, WI
    Posts
    588
    My friend first of all the Tx you have is kind of overpowered. With 1.5W you can reach 100 km if you have configured every thing right. But 1.5 W can easily effect your UHF radio signal. 400 mw is what you should look for. A circular polarized Skew Planner or a clover leaf can easily reach 3-6 km around you and if you want to go further you have to look for crosshair, peper box .et.c but they are directional so you have to point them to the plane all the time.
    I recommend to go for 400 mw transmitter and don't go more than 1 km until your system is tested.

    Quote Originally Posted by dudheart View Post
    thank you very much
    how this antenna will affect my range?
    I'm asking this because of this video :
    it doesn't say nothing about a cloverleaf on the Vrx side
    also I understand the different patterns of each antenna but no one is talking about the range or radius of the patterns
    bottom line does my 1.3Ghz 1.5W Vtx will get me to a 10Km range?

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5
    thanks again I really appreciate the help as I am very new at this
    unfortunately I already bought the Vtx And Vrx from RMRC I dont know if I can buy another Vtx that will fit my current Vrx does they have to match?
    How can I avoid from having problems with my UHF and still using the 1.5W Vtx?

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Trinidad & Tobago, WI
    Posts
    588
    You have to do some R&D before buying anything. Look into different forums and you will get the answer. It will also help you to save some money other than buying the stuff that you don't need. Any 1.3 tx from Readymade rc will work with the reviewers they have so its not a problem.

    To reduce the interference there is a lot you can do. Most important is to keep as much distance as possible between these two devices. Ideally UHF receiver on one side of a wing and Video tx on the other side (assuming that the wings on a plane are the lengthiest part). And if you are flying a small plane.i.e less than 40 inch then just don't even try 1.5 W.

    Quote Originally Posted by dudheart View Post
    thanks again I really appreciate the help as I am very new at this
    unfortunately I already bought the Vtx And Vrx from RMRC I dont know if I can buy another Vtx that will fit my current Vrx does they have to match?
    How can I avoid from having problems with my UHF and still using the 1.5W Vtx?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Servo Choice
    By Greedz in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th January 2014, 11:25 AM
  2. LRS radio choice
    By Air Cooled in forum OSDs & Flight Controllers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th December 2013, 12:16 AM
  3. Fatshark Choice
    By adanac in forum Team-Black Sheep
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 1st December 2013, 02:53 PM
  4. Camera choice
    By JohnVH in forum RC TECH
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10th July 2013, 05:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •